Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi, do you have some tips for what to look for when picking up the car?

Checklist:
- Scratches/swirls in paint
- Scratches in interior/panels
- Scratches in leather/alcantara
- Damage in windshield/windows
- Damage in Headlights & taillights
- Exterior damage
- 3 keys - 2 normal and 1 valet/service key
- Manuals and maintenance log
- AMI cables
- Roof racks
- Tire pressure (bring tool)
- Door alignments
- Wheel lock bolts & lock key
- MMI screen alignment
- Check all options are fitted
- Check for cargo protection net
- Cargo divider present (if ordered)
- Verify that the VIN on the vehicle matches the paperwork
- Carpet & all weather mats and trunk liner
- Check oil level - use MMI interface
- Steering wheel properly aligned
- Interior lights (vanity, map lights, glove box light)
- Odometer reading doesn't show excessive mileage
- Trip computer displays and switches
- Test vipers
- Horn works
- All windows go up and down
- All door lock controls work
- External mirror adjustment buttons work
- Heated seats work
- Test electric seats
- Rear seats slide and fold properly
- Test seat belts
- Test CD/DVD player
- Test A/C
- Test panoroof (if fitted)
- Test DRL, headlights, highbeam, taillights, turnlights, foglights, parkinglights, reverselights
- Spare wheel/wheel compressor present (if fitted)
- Remove dealer sticker (if present)

Edit: added some more.

·
Registered
294 Posts
May sound obvious but check you've got all the optional extras you ordered/paid for.

So when are you collecting? I'm hoping to pick mine up next Sat.

·
Registered
58 Posts
This may be long and tedious but check all the options codes you paid for (which are in the brochure and on your order form from Audi) tally up with the codes in the service book.

There should also be a sticker (under the floor in the boot) which has the paint code as well as all the option codes on the car. Check they are all there & working e.g electric tailgate / mirrors / sat nav etc.

Good luck with picking it up.

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
this is a great idea. I did this for the first time when collecting a Range Rover Sport - spending so much money I was anal about making sure it was right. Rather than putting my sales guy on the spot and making the whole thing uncomfortable, I called and said I'd like to check over the car with him before collection - without my wife and before its been put on show for the main collection. It was perfect - we went through eveything, including the paperwork sign off and finance etc etc - made the day of collection superb - the salesman spent most time with my wife showing her the car (which she appreciated as wifey is main driver) and I got to just enjoy the experience. Since this I have always been in before collection and done the list and paperwork - even if it only takes 20 mins to do, I highly recommend doing it on a separate day to collection.

Kaine

·
Registered
30 Posts
Do they come with roof racks?

Hi, do you have some tips for what to look for when picking up the car?

Checklist:
Scratches/swirls in paint
Scratches in interior/panels
Scratches in leather/alcantara
Exterior damage
3 keys - 2 normal and 1 valet/service key
Manuals and maintenance log
AMI cables
Roof racks
Tire pressure (bring tool)
Door alignments
Wheel lock bolts
MMI screen alignment
Check all options are fitted

Other?

·
Registered
294 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
This may be long and tedious but check all the options codes you paid for (which are in the brochure and on your order form from Audi) tally up with the codes in the service book.

There should also be a sticker (under the floor in the boot) which has the paint code as well as all the option codes on the car. Check they are all there & working e.g electric tailgate / mirrors / sat nav etc.

Good luck with picking it up.
Fadester - Just seen your sig - You gotta get some pics up of that purple paintwork!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rather than putting my sales guy on the spot and making the whole thing uncomfortable, I called and said I'd like to check over the car with him before collection
Thanks, I will definetly do that before shipping! I live in Norway and I will be dissapointed if I am having a car with missing options.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Out of interest, is there a quick way to check you have Tech Pack High and not Tech Pack Low.

I know the spec differences, but is there a physical visible difference i.e. joystick slightly differenr or which menu to go into to check it has the HDD? I ordered mine S Line Plus when the Tech PAck High was an option, so I want to make sure I get it

Thanks

·
Registered
79 Posts
Think the maps in tech pack low were 2d only compared to 3d on the hdd version?

Reactions: Steppy
1 - 12 of 12 Posts