Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You can check your order directly via the supplying dealer.
From the VIS (Vehicle information system) you can get all the data on your build.

The process works like this..
When an order is placed you get whats called a commission number and an acceptance date. The acceptance date is the actual date your "order" hit Audis systems - this may be different from the date you ordered the car with your dealer. If you feel the need to see what you dealer is doing or has done with your order, this date is key. Once on the system you get a theo week (theoretical) also called schedule build week. this is based on the options on YOUR build and those options can dramatically impact the build date. To see if an option is delaying your order you can ask the dealer to do a "simulated" change. This makes no physical change to the order, but estimates what would happen if you made a change (either positive or negative). its also not a good idea to keep swapping and changing specs and your date gets recalculated. Four weeks weeks before the theo week, the theo date goes to a conf week (confirmed) - at this point no changes can be made to the spec/order. You start to get allocated chassis number and engine numbers.

Once the car is built and has passed QA your car is transported to the docks and will be allocated a shipping date.
The destination ports is Dependant on the dealers location. Once in the UK the dealer can do 1 of 2 things, he can call it off for immediate delivery, or he can allocate a future date if you don't plan to take immediate delivery.

A dealer can apply for a reg number once the car has landed at the local port.

I've enclosed a screenshot of VIS

As well as the output for two stages (scheduled and build complete)

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've been told my build date is week 50, I ordered the car at the end of May so am a little disappointed that's it's taking so long.

How soon should I get this code?

Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I am not far behind Tricky. I orderred 8 June but I do not yet have a build date, but have written on the oder sheet 1 January 14.

·
Registered
61 Posts
We ordered an A1 Sline 1.6TDI (Wifes puddle jumper) around mid June. Was told it would take 12 weeks. Its no sadly going to be 16 weeks

·
Registered
325 Posts
Thanks for this.
The only documentation ice been sent is an 'Order Detail' document which doesn't highlight any theoretical date.
I'll be asking for this 'Vehicle Detail' document on Monday.
Though i think my issue is down to lack of dealer allocation.
Any ideas what would happen in that scenario???

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'd have to check.
My understanding is you will have an entry in VIS but until the dealer gets allocation you dont get put forward to the scheduling system in Germany for a build week (theo).

·
Registered
42 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ordered a Q5 SE in early Feb to replace a contract hire A4 due for return in mid June, still no sign, build date 26th August, 3-4 weeks later for delivery. Dealer been good, Audi UK Customer service cannot give a toss. 20 yrs with the brand down the pan. The example shown here shows order acceptance in late March, delivery June which makes me even more peed off! Audi UK cust service tried to fob me off by saying I was getting more for my money with upgraded engine - brochure shows same speed, acceleration, economy but higher emissions and benefit in kind = more tax to pay. Came very close to getting an X3, should have bit the bullet and moved after 9 Audi's.My advice, don't hold your breath

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Why would my example have any bearing on your order?
It's all down to your dealer, the dates submitted and the options fitted.

AUK are also correct, you will be getting a MY14 with all the benifits of that and the prices are froze for those that order before the cut off date.

You can't pls all the people all the time.
It's just progress, I'd guess.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts