Audi Q5 Forum banner
821 - 840 of 843 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Macan S - Volcano Grey
429 Posts
^^^^^ Yep, that’s the clanging noise, so get it into your Audi dealer for the replacement parts to be fitted.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can someone provide me the documentation around this item? Audi confirmed the TPI number for this fault is 2051920/2. I am in the USA and having the same issue and they told me to drive away as there is no resolution

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #826 ·
Hi ecohen 76 cannot believe that Audi are still fitting these brake system parts that have been proved to be troublesome. It was me who started this thread after getting one of the first Q5s from Mexico into the UK dealers. As you may have read earlier in the thread, I and other members who had the same issue got together and e- mailed the top man at Audi UK. We were allocated a customer service rep to handle our complaints. Audi first changed the servo on my car but the noise returned. They then changed the master cylinder which seemed to work for a while before the noise returned but at a lower level. The noise is very faint now and is not there all the time. I basically do not hear it now, but it shouldn't have been there in the first place. As time went on more owners were getting the noise and an article in a car magazine highlighted the issue during their review of the car. After around a year, maybe more, Audi came up with a fix which involved a different master cylinder and brake fluid reservoir bottle. Cannot remember if the servo was changed as well.
So yes, Audi are certainly aware of the issue and a fix does exist. It seems you are getting the typical Audi dealership brush off that we were getting in the UK untill we contacted the man at the top.
I would suggest sending a mail to whoever is in charge of Audi in your country. Go right to the top, and explain there is a fix for your issue which your dealership is denying. Best of luck. Cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi ecohen 76 cannot believe that Audi are still fitting these brake system parts that have been proved to be troublesome. It was me who started this thread after getting one of the first Q5s from Mexico into the UK dealers. As you may have read earlier in the thread, I and other members who had the same issue got together and e- mailed the top man at Audi UK. We were allocated a customer service rep to handle our complaints. Audi first changed the servo on my car but the noise returned. They then changed the master cylinder which seemed to work for a while before the noise returned but at a lower level. The noise is very faint now and is not there all the time. I basically do not hear it now, but it shouldn't have been there in the first place. As time went on more owners were getting the noise and an article in a car magazine highlighted the issue during their review of the car. After around a year, maybe more, Audi came up with a fix which involved a different master cylinder and brake fluid reservoir bottle. Cannot remember if the servo was changed as well.
So yes, Audi are certainly aware of the issue and a fix does exist. It seems you are getting the typical Audi dealership brush off that we were getting in the UK untill we contacted the man at the top.
I would suggest sending a mail to whoever is in charge of Audi in your country. Go right to the top, and explain there is a fix for your issue which your dealership is denying. Best of luck. Cheers
Thanks for this information. Do you know when that article was produced and if you can find a link. I basically have been told in the US to make sure it is consistently happening before coming back. Super annoyed about this and will pass the information on to my dealership.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #828 ·
Hi ecohen 76 sorry I cannot remember what review I read. There were so many just after the car was launched. The reason I remember reading it was the confirmation that it was not just cars coming to the UK that had the noisy brake pedal issue. Are you still in warranty ? Your dealer may be delaying fixing the problem if your warranty is near its end. Get onto customer services who will take up your issue. Whether the noise is there all the time or just intermittent, it should be fixed as it is a known problem. Best of luck.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Customer services at Audi are a bunch of clowns. I recently experienced what they are like to deal with. Audi UK CS do not have any powers they are a liaison service that's how they position themselves from the outset. Their interest is to protect their franchise dealers. They really don't care about their customers. If a problem persists then perhaps try a different dealership. They tend to get shirty once you get Audi UK involved even though they know nothing can come off it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys
Newbie here.
Well, my new 21reg q5 sline tdi has the tin can/ clunking brake noise.
I cannot believe they still fitted this to the facelifted models. Had it since March and thought it was normal (silly me). Having a problem with Audi connect being offline in my car so booked it in and will have the brakes checked as well.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi, all; long-time Audi owner, new to this forum, having just acquired a 68-plate SQ5 TFSI. It has the pinging noise when I releiease the brake pedal. It's out of the manufacturer's warranty, but still within the three-month warranty provided by the seller (Cinch). I'm unsure whether to rasie this at all, and if I do whether to do so as a warranty issue with Cinch or a recall issue with Audi.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi, see my post #804 (link below), the Bosch master cylinder and servo are the problem. Check and see if yours is a Bosch

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi folks,

Like many others, this clicking, clanging noise is also doing my head in

I had my UK 2020 SQ5 into Audi a while back, they sent me an Audi Tech video showing me the Servo fitted was indeed the upgraded one

The tech guy said what I am hearing now is normal

But I still have the clanking, clicking noise and sometimes a Ting when I lift off the brake

I made a video in July 2021 (below) and its still making this dreadful noise, and I don't believe this is normal ?

Car is away to be booked in again for this reason, and also to check the fuel/air mixture as I'm hearing a tinkling noise from the engine in low revs while accelerating.

I will also try and go out in another SQ5 to see if the problem exists in another car

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just looked back at the Audi Clips in my Email, this one is dated Aug 2021

According to the Tech, the 'modified' brake Servo has a metal pin, which he points out in the video?

"This is actually the noise the newer ones make", was his comment also in it

Finger Gas Automotive exterior Auto part Metal

821 - 840 of 843 Posts