Audi Q5 Forum banner
801 - 820 of 843 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Macan S - Volcano Grey
429 Posts
Firstly, welcome to the forum, Audi76.

As your Q5 is brand new, then there is no way the steering should be pulling to the right, plus I'm surprised you are experiencing the brake pedal 'clang' noise, as I would've thought Audi are building all new Q5's by now with the alternative brake parts mentioned in this thread.

Therefore, I would be asking your dealer to check the steering alignment and carry out the brake system modification as per the TPI No. 2051920/2

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #802 ·
Hi Audi76 welcome to the forum. As AllanG suggests, get right back to the dealer and get somebody to go out with you in the car to confirm your complaints. The faults are then logged by Audi against your car. I still have reservations as to the standard of quality control in the Mexican plant. I read an article about how Audi and other car manufacturers who had built plants in Mexico were having problems with some of the workforce not turning up for their shifts. Apparently they were not happy with the amount they were getting paid by such large companies. A disgruntled workforce is not going to be too concerned about not having a conscientious attitude to their job. Hope you get your issues dealt with.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi All,

I had a recall for warranty updates, front camera software, tailgate software, window actuators, and wheel arch trim screws. I took the car in to Worcester Audi yesterday, I mentioned about the TPI for the brake pedal noise, copied the comments from a couple of the recent posts on this topic for them to read. They called me later to say they agreed the Bosch master cylinder/servo had an internal defect and could they keep the car and fit the replacement today.

Got the car back mid afternoon, all fixed under warranty, parts and labour for the replacement were costed at £2,721.61. So nice to brake without without the dreaded 'clunk' í ½í±.

My thanks to the forum members involved for all the chasing up and endeavour to get a resolution to this irritating problem.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hi All,

I had a recall for warranty updates, front camera software, tailgate software, window actuators, and wheel arch trim screws. I took the car in to Worcester Audi yesterday, I mentioned about the TPI for the brake pedal noise, copied the comments from a couple of the recent posts on this topic for them to read. They called me later to say they agreed the Bosch master cylinder/servo had an internal defect and could they keep the car and fit the replacement today.

Got the car back mid afternoon, all fixed under warranty, parts and labour for the replacement were costed at £2,721.61. So nice to brake without without the dreaded 'clunk' ������.

My thanks to the forum members involved for all the chasing up and endeavour to get a resolution to this irritating problem.
Your most welcome TGR glad you got such a positive outcome

·
Registered
488 Posts
Hi All,

Got the car back mid afternoon, all fixed under warranty, parts and labour for the replacement were costed at £2,721.61. So nice to brake without without the dreaded 'clunk' í ½í±.

Great news ????????

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all, I've been keeping an eye on this topic recently and it's been good to hear there has been a fix to the brake pedal issue. In light of this I had my car booked in Tuesday for the servo, master cylinder change. Picked the car up yesterday from the dealer and drove down the road for a few miles and noticed a huge amount of brake pedal travel. It was like I was pressing the brake pedal and it just was not biting until a much harder push. Took it straight back to dealer and they said they'd take another look and bleed the system again. They've now told me that it's a little better than before but it may just be a characteristic of the modification. I don't pick the car up again until Monday so will have to assess it again then, but just wanted to ask those that have had the modification done if they experienced similar issues to brake pedal travel? Dealer told me that they compared it to another q5 they did the same job on and both mine and the other have similar brake pedal travel (not sure if this is true or not too be honest or they trying to fob me off)
Any advice and help on this would be much appreciated. Thanks all.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Hi ssp13,

I had my brake pedal modification done in April and I did notice that, when applying the brakes, the pedal seemed to travel further before the brakes bit, but they did feel much more progressive and smoother....and this is still the case.

The Audi technician also said that it took him a lot longer to bleed the brakes after fitting the new components.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I had exactly the same experience with lots of brake travel. My dealer contacted Audi who told them to repeat the 'end of fix' process. This involved re-bleeding the brakes and what else I am not sure. It really improved things particularity the amount of travel before the brakes bit. It's about 8 months since mine was fixed and all fine.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #811 ·
Im just glad Audi finally took action and came up with a long overdue fix. Surely cars coming in from Mexico from now on, will be having these updated parts fitted on the assembly line now. Glad you guys are now having clang free journeys.

·
Registered
6 Posts
after almost 2 years, i decided to raise this issue again (different service centre), they took my car in last week (Tuesday), rang me on Friday and told me that they order a new part. Something about AUDI Germany know about this issue now. They said the first Master Cyclinder they change wasnt the right part. They ordered a new part and looking to give back my car next Tuesday

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all,

This worries me considerably. I have just taken delivery of a new Q5 black edition TDI40 Quattro 4 weeks ago. It's meant to be a 2020 model........

Guess what, I have "that noise" coming from the brake pedal since I got it

I have emailed Audi Dundee and Audi Customer Services today ????

·
Registered
429 Posts
That’s unbelievable, @Clinky.........you would’ve thought Audi have been fitting the latest brake cylinder on ALL new Q5’s after they found a fix for the brake pedal clanging issue!!

·
Registered
488 Posts
Hi all,

This worries me considerably. I have just taken delivery of a new Q5 black edition TDI40 Quattro 4 weeks ago. It's meant to be a 2020 model........

Guess what, I have "that noise" coming from the brake pedal since I got it

I have emailed Audi Dundee and Audi Customer Services today ????
That's crazy as per AllanGs post as this should have all been sorted.

This could be a one off, however the good news is that there's a fix, use it to your advantage and get a free service or two agreed form it.

Either way hope you get it sorted soon and quickly ????????

·
Registered
4 Posts
I will try and have a look to see what make has been fitted, is the faulty ones Bosch. I took a picture beside the brake fluid reservoir ,there was me thinking I bought a car made in Germany ?

Made in Mexico ????

just so I am 100% sure. It doesn't do it all the time but when it does it's like pinging a tin can with your finger . That's the best way I can describe it ?

Attachments

·
Registered
488 Posts
just so I am 100% sure. It doesn't do it all the time but when it does it's like pinging a tin can with your finger . That's the best way I can describe it ?
Yup that's it - there are a couple of videos in this thread 'showing the noise' but finding them could take a while as there are a fair few pages and posts now

Edit: Posts 175 and 235 I think it was with two diff videos

801 - 820 of 843 Posts