Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys
Only just joined but I have recently bought a Q5 and am finding little help with a Google search so thought I would ask the question.

Is the arm rest supposed to make a loud clunky sound as being lifted? Mine almost sounds broke as if something has come loose within the arm rest. And sometimes seems to make a noise when turning at speed etc.

any help appreciated

·
Premium Member
Ordered: Q5 55 tfsi e Competition, all boxes ticked, Navarra Blue
188 Posts
Yes it should as the armrest is on a ratchet. If you lift it fully then it will go down to the lowest position. As you raise the armrest from the lowest position you will hear a click as it goes past each locking position. As regards the other issue, never heard of it before.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought that would be the case. However it sounds very clunky. I had an A3 before this and the arm rest ran on a similar mechanism but sounded a lot quieter. Strange one

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have same problem with my Q5, strange noise coming from the central tunnel armrest area. This drive me crazy. Did you manage to solve this issue???

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have same problem with my Q5, strange noise coming from the central tunnel armrest area. This drive me crazy. Did you manage to solve this issue???
Hi. The clunking noise was the arm rest jamming on the back fans which were not sat correctly in the central reservation. And the other noise turned out to be something/ money stick under the cup holders. The plastic supports in the cup holders had pushed out and left slots for coins to fall in and sit in under the holders and roll about. Really awkward.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts