Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I originally tried a thin film protector from Germany but this snapped on application as it was very brittle. (Maybe I should have waited for warmer weather!) I have since fitted this, more substantial item, as recommended by ictbydesign. Looks as if it was made for Daytona Grey in Carbon finish. Really pleased with the result. See photographs taken in this morning's rain.

I still have the boot liner with the fold -down flap but could not guarantee others using it!

Attachments

Reactions: Dogzyboy and romach

·
Registered
185 Posts
Looks nice!

out of interest where did you get the boot liner with fold down flap from?

·
Registered
768 Posts
Looks nice!

I bought mine from ukcustomcovers. IMO great quality, value and service.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Glad this has worked out for you and thanks for the pictures.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks nice!

It came from Audi with my last Q5. It is more of a fitted mat that is rubberised on one side and has a rubber extension section that you can drop down over the bumper if you are loading the boot.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
185 Posts
I originally tried a thin film protector from Germany but this snapped on application as it was very brittle. (Maybe I should have waited for warmer weather!) I have since fitted this, more substantial item, as recommended by ictbydesign. Looks as if it was made for Daytona Grey in Carbon finish. Really pleased with the result. See photographs taken in this morning's rain.

I still have the boot liner with the fold -down flap but could not guarantee others using it!
Where abouts did you get it from? - can it also be easily removed without marking the paintwork on the bumper?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It came from a company called R- Racing see link below:

http://www.r-racing.co.uk

I would imagine it can be removed as it is secured with double sided tape b=ut that will be Audis problem when I trade-in for next model!

·
Registered
550 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
I think I will do the same what was the cost if you don't mind I expect different for material types, save looking up encouraging my laziness in hospital.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
For the Carbon Finish item it was.....
Total: £ 65.98 (Delivery: Standard UK 2-9 working days)
Hope this helps

·
Registered
16 Posts
Oh, I couldn't trouble you for a pic with the boot closed could I? Im after one for mine but don't want to spoil the look. I can't decide on black or carbon effect for Panther. Cheers.
No problem, be later this week if ok?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Will this only work for darker colored cars ?

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I used one of those RGM protectors on my Estoril SQ, and yes being a dark colour it didn't look too out of place, would look pretty naff on white though.

You would probably be better off going down the proper carbon fibre road:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carbon-Fiber-Audi-Q5-8R-Wagon-5DR-SUV-Rear-Bumper-Protector-Cover-/231307339857?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3AAudi&hash=item35dafde851&vxp=mtr

Check this thread out and see it on my Sepang car:

http://www.myaudiq5.com/index.php/topic/14753-my2015-sq5-arrived/

1 - 20 of 21 Posts