Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have just sorted car insurance for the SQ5 which I finally pick up on Thursday morning this week!
Am moving from a 3.0 Tdi S-line Q5 up to the SQ5, and the (fully comp) insurance difference was only an extra £65 - a pleasant surprise given new vehicle is worth nearly £30k more than the current one.
Warwickshire post code, 9 years NCD, 15k miles a year, parked on driveway at night, and total premium inclusive of taxes is £345.
Fellow SQ5 drivers - does this seem reasonable?

Reactions: ray.afzal

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Similar for me, and I'm 27 with 2 years driving experience and a £27K claim at fault 12 months ago!
I am yet to understand why it is so low, but I don't question!

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Seems on par (within £50) of what we are paying.
Just got the R8 one through and that's gone up with a bump this year!

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Similar to us too...
Wehey 3 days mate!! Good luck sleeping...

·
Registered
253 Posts
Have just sorted car insurance for the SQ5 which I finally pick up on Thursday morning this week!
Am moving from a 3.0 Tdi S-line Q5 up to the SQ5, and the (fully comp) insurance difference was only an extra £65 - a pleasant surprise given new vehicle is worth nearly £30k more than the current one.
Warwickshire post code, 9 years NCD, 15k miles a year, parked on driveway at night, and total premium inclusive of taxes is £345.
Fellow SQ5 drivers - does this seem reasonable?
I have not had any quotes yet as mine isn't due for a couple of weeks. Was this price with a Tracker or without? Thanks

·
Banned
2,240 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Thanks guys - I will keep the £1,000 in my pocket then!

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Seems on par (within £50) of what we are paying.
Just got the R8 one through and that's gone up with a bump this year!
My auto renewal notices are always crazy! Last one was £3.5k for all my cars for me and the Mrs.
Go online and do a quote on their own website (not even a comparison site) and it comes out as £1.2k!
Call them up, and they claim ignorance and honour the lower one... Auto renewals are a scam, so many people must just go with it or they wouldn't try it on though!
I assume with your diligence you will be doing similar Snow Man!?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
G dog
...Without tracker for me.
Cheers.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
My auto renewal notices are always crazy! Last one was £3.5k for all my cars for me and the Mrs.
Go online and do a quote on their own website (not even a comparison site) and it comes out as £1.2k!
Call them up, and they claim ignorance and honour the lower one... Auto renewals are a scam, so many people must just go with it or they wouldn't try it on though!
I assume with your diligence you will be doing similar Snow Man!?

Yeah I had them on the phone not 30mins ago saying they will match a lower price.
I'm looking at going multicar this time, just not had time to sort it out will all the working away.

·
Registered
253 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
SQ5 seems cheap to insure considering performance and value of vehicle. Quoted £400 fully comp, protected no claims, parked on driveway, 14 years NCD, 10k per year, no tracker, Merseyside. Current e90 330d costs £540 everything the same. Jose that's an amazing quote considering your age and recent claim.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
SQ5 seems cheap to insure considering performance and value of vehicle. Quoted £400 fully comp, protected no claims, parked on driveway, 14 years NCD, 10k per year, no tracker, Merseyside. Current e90 330d costs £540 everything the same. Jose that's an amazing quote considering your age and recent claim.
Shhhh, I don't like to talk about it - we might upset the insurance gods!

I think the low premium is it's classed as a trim of the Q5, a car which is likely to have very low claim rates, again, don't shout about it, we don't want the gods to realise its actually a mental car!

Reactions: Dogzyboy

·
Registered
76 Posts
Just done my complimentary 7 day insurance with audi, and gave me a quote for the year, wait for it £2400, he said is that what you were expecting, I said,err, no, bloody hell!

·
Registered
76 Posts
He told me the first month would be £200 and a bit!

·
Banned
289 Posts
I have quotes around the £300 mark - oldish git living in safeish area - no accidents or convictions - protected NCD - business use for me - 12k/year - me & wife only. In contrast, my XC60 (205 D5) is about £260..

1 - 20 of 30 Posts