Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First audi really please with car,shame about service received should of cancelled order and gone to another dealer.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Glad you like the car - post some details/pics in the new members section

Any more details on why the service was so bad?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We test drove various cars and the wife liked the q5 so managed to do a deal on a low mileage high spec 62 plate then it went wrong.
I was working away so wife went to sign paperwork which had been changed from the agreeded deal.We shook hands on spare wheel /paint protection /2 free services /and full boot liner they did agreed that this is what we agreeded after a few phone calls.So we get excited to collect our car and they call late on a Friday to say we have not received your final payment so you cannot collect till this arrives I had to point out that in their terms and conditions you can pay upto 5k in cash on collection.Went and collected the following day all parts missing and crap handover the following week returned to have the paint protect done which I think still hasn't been applied but can't prove it spare wheel was given to me and I instructed sales person where to put it since then service hasn't improved no courstey calls to see if we are happy with car.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Thanks for sharing. Shame the service across all dealers can't be consistent - some are great but some really are atrocious as you have found.
I'm sure you will love the car - and aside from the 2 free services hopefully you won't have to go back to Canterbury - use another dealer, ideally from a different group for anything else in the future.
Of course its annoying not going local, but I just think its a good excuse to drive a car I love - or indeed get used to a new car on pickup!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Scriv, you should get a call from Audi UK at some point. If not then get in touch and tell them all about your problems. They claim they don't read these forums.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Aldfort I do hope audi uk do contact me as I hope this doesn't happen to another customer

·
Registered
130 Posts
We bought our Q5 from east Kent Audi at Canterbury last September. Got a good deal price wise but just numerous cases of them not giving a crap makes the overall buying experience a bit poor.

When we went in initially to look at a Q5 we were told all the salesmen were in a meeting and could we come back later. We went across to Volvo and nearly didn't go back.

The salesman we dealt with has now emigrated which is good as he also was useless when I ordered an RS3 a few years ago which suffered numerous delays. I asked if I could by their demo which was due in at the time my car was originally due but hy said they cannot sell it for six months due to Audi rules. Anyway I I'd it out a test drive with them, however when heir car arrived mid August I was told I could drive it first week of September as they were holding on for the new reg.

The day before the scheduled test drive I get a call to tell me one of their other branches had sold the car and the customer obviously didn't want anyone driving it. Needless to say I cancelled my order and went elsewhere.

Have also had issues with the service department but that is for another day.

The issue of going to another dealer is that all the nearest Audi dealers; Canterbury, Maidstone, are both inchcape group.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts