Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy New Year forumites.
There have been no postings from me for the last three weeks or so, as I've been fortunate to have spent the festive period in South Africa.
A beautiful country, with a favourable exchange rate, making the cost of living (for tourists anyway), incredibly cheap. Fuel is about 65p a litre, a three course quality meal for four people - with beer and wine - about a tenner a head.
What did surprise me, was the number of Q5's on their roads - lots of them - many, many more than in the UK so perhaps they're getting a bigger manufacturer allocation than the UK? Just a thought...

My quick assessment is that if you're a "middle income" SA resident, then the choice of car you drive (based on popularity / numbers spotted), broadly seems to come down to three vehicles: Land Rover Discovery, Toyota Frontrunner (think it's badged as an Amazon in the UK perhaps?) and...the Audi Q5.
I spotted huge numbers of them - mostly petrol or 2.0 or 3.0 diesel variants, predominantly in white but, some unusual, definitely-not-to-my-taste greens and browns too. Didn't spot a single SQ5 in over 1500 miles of driving though.
As a marque, Audi is clearly doing very well - the Cape Town Waterfront dealership looks mighty big!

Reactions: bertwelsh

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Nice to hear from you again

Thats very surprising to know they are so common out there, and funny as you mentioned no SQs haha
Glad you had a good trip and happy new year!

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I still haven't seen an SQ in the wild over here. Perhaps there aren't any in Bristol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts