Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well folks, I've been a little quiet over the last couple of weeks while I try to resolve the issues with my order. Brief history:

Ordered May for September delivery. Told end of July that likely to be November delivery. Hear that there is likely to be a bigger delay (big thank you to Jamiekip who's ordered from the same dealer because the dealer certainly weren't going to mention it!) so call the dealer and yes, turns out they've been nothing short of lying...I have it in writing.

After cancelling the order and ordering from another dealer (who again subsequently let me down with delivery date) I started a week of trying to sort it out with the original dealer and finally agree on an additional discount, a loan car and a delivery of 1 March 2014. Told today that they can't guarantee March!!!

I like the car and I know you all like the car but honestly, 10 months from order to possible delivery with no guarantee...no, not acceptable. Order cancelled. Audi will not get any of my money, not now, not ever. I have to think there is a reason they are finishing so poorly in the various surveys the car mags are doing.

So I've done the unthinkable...I've ordered an Evoque. I know, I know but I've also ordered a Sport. Ordered the Evoque today and will be with me mid-November. The Sport will be delivered 1 September 2014 (the waiting list is already until May next year which is why I need the Evoque) so I'll have the Evoque for just 10 months...even I can handle that. The Sport will also have the 4.4 diesel in it because that is being released in the Sport next year in the 14.5 model year, just in time for September.

So friends, I shall bid you goodbye. Thank you for all your help and advice but I no longer belong here. A great shame and I was really looking forward to the SQ but Audi seem unable to build them in reasonable time (or with clear lead times anyway!), their dealers are simply woeful and the central Customer Service is a joke.

I wish you all fun times in your new cars...

Reactions: jamiekip

·
Registered
256 Posts
Sorry to hear that fella

I have to admit, with all the smoke and mirrors and rumours afoot, our car was built more or less when they said it would be (albeit a lot longer than we would have wanted initially)....

Enjoy the Evoque, let's hope you don't have any issues...

·
Banned
289 Posts
It is sad that Audi can't come up with more certain delivery dates... For sure, I will also cancel my order if the delivery slips. Plenty of other cars out there.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Got to admit, any delays and I would have probably swapped over to an A series AMG... granted that the boot is not as big, but it does look nice!

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Sorry to hear this. Like you say the wait is getting ridiculous. Really counting myself lucky to have mine earlier than expected.

I'm sure you will just about bare the Evoque but love the Sport!

Best of luck and good wishes.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Obsidian,
All the best! I'm sure the RR Sport will more than meet your expectations.
Take care, Retbug

·
Registered
700 Posts
All the best Obsidian, sorry to here that, its a shame you cant pic up a demo to keep you goning

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all. This is by far the nicest forum I've been on and I wish you all the very best. I shall miss it.

Reactions: marky9074

·
Registered
202 Posts
Dont blame you to be honest.
I was just on an off road course today in the Evoque - very capable car off road even in standard road trim.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Well Obsidian, thanks for sharing and good luck with your Rovers!

You never know one day you might suddenly buy a recent second hand SQ5 that you can just take with you the same day

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Shame to see you go mate!
When we were deciding cars it was a tight one between the RR Sport, SQ5 and Cayenne however having the SQ5 allowed us to have thoughts about possibly getting an A Class some time in the future as a second car, also it is a fantastic car in itself. But I have to admit if anything happens to our November delivery I'm scared I might be on same boat...
I'm sure the RR Sport will do you go, that 4.4 Diesel sounds like a good engine, much better than the 3.0 anyway!

Best of luck,
Ray

Reactions: bry

·
Registered
16 Posts
I ordered a Q5 back in May and have yet to receive a build date. Is the waiting time for the SQ5 and Q5 the same or will there be a longer waiting time for one than the other? The longer I have to wait, the more I will be looking elsewhere.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Yup ordered mine in Mid July and was originally told November, paid the monies and was told January. Now looks like Early Feb! Not a happy bunny tbh as seems as if the date keeps changing.

Sorry to hear you cancelled yours though Obsidian as they are lovely cars but I have to agree with you the waiting times are a joke in comparison to other manufactures. I know the car will be worth the wait but now I will be without a car from 2nd December (when my current A3 goes back) until Feb.

Good luck mate with the Evoque, but the RR Sport is a lovely car as my sister has one of the new ones...

·
Registered
157 Posts
Seems this is a common theme with Audi also now informing me my SQ5 which was ordered in June with an original estimated delivery of October/November is now looking like May 2014! I hadn't heard anything from them so after seeing the post on this forum about delayed orders I emailed to request and update. The reply I got indicated May 2014 delivery and alluded to an email which had apparently been sent out to all customers (which I never received) and seems to indicate the issue is with Inchcape Audi - email below:

Good Afternoon,
I hope you are well.
We have been informed by Audi UK that a number of Q5/SQ5 orders have been delayed at the factory due to the sheer number of orders taken.
Your car hasn't yet been given a build week and unfortunately it is unlikely your car will be delivered this year due to our allocation for the year being full within Inchcape Audi, and all Build slots full for most of the year in the UK.
We did not anticipate such a high volume of Q5 / SQ5 orders and unfortunately we are now contacting you to apologise for the incorrect delivery estimate,
Our October allocation hasn't yet been released, however we do not envisage seeing any build weeks allocated until at least December when we receive our allocation for next year.
Please be assured that we are regularly monitoring the system for changes and we will keep you updated, However I appreciate this information may affect your decision in whether to keep the vehicle on order and I will refund in full any deposit taken and cancel any orders if you wish.
We are sorry for the inconvenience im sure this will cause you and at this stage the only indication I can give you on delivery of your vehicle would be between March - June 2014. We should have a definitive build week on these between January and March next year.
I apologise for being vague but until we receive our allocation for next year - which should be around December.

Hi,

Looking at the waitlist I would make an educated guess of May delivery for your vehicle but we will be able to give a better indication on this in December / January time when we know how many allocation slots we have over the next few months.

I am terrible sorry for this and appreciate this is probable not the news you wish to hear, we will of course issue a full refund should you require the order to be cancelled.

Please feel free to call me to discuss at any point.

Kind Regards

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
At least they are being apologetic and offering a refund I suppose. Very frustrating though none the less.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: dieseldoug

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
They are stirring people away from Audi on the whole!
SG Smith Audi promised us week 44 build date (end of October), for end of November delivery when we requested a build date last week...hoping they haven't been affected too!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Think this an inchcape issue not audi...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Seems as if many people are having the same problem regardless of which Audi company bought from. I seriously think orders on alot of Q5/SQ5 are going to be well over there anticipated build dates. Starting to get stupid now and I for one will see what happens but will not be waiting if my dealer tells me its beyond Feb.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Think this an inchcape issue not audi...
Jamie, I think it's more of a dealer and manufacturer issue combined:
Own car was ordered 23.3.13 and have just received build week confirmation for March 2014 - 12 months later. Yep, I managed a small discount off list but also negotiated a guaranteed PX against the current Q5. Based on original expectation that the lead time for delivery would be around 4 months, dealership might now be questioning the wisdom of having offered this I suppose...
They've since also conceded that they've busted their allocation numbers based on unpredicted huge demand for the SQ, but I guess that this is also happening with every other UK dealership too. Consequently, the factory simply can't keep up with demand (and guess they're still sweating as a result of the earlier MY13 production issues). It's understandable that people are losing patience and voting with their feet / wallets but, for those who persist, I'm hopeful that once this little beauty does arrive, then residuals should be bullet-proof for a while at least!

1 - 20 of 122 Posts