Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just signed up last night. don't worry I'm not really rude. A little about myself. I am located in Canada and I'm awaiting on my new sq5. I've been reading some of the builds that people have put together and is seems like you guys have to pay for every single option on the car which is weird to me. Um I also work with audi so I got myself a car below cost which is always great.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh I guess I'll spec out my car.
Glacier white
tecknik package
premium Navi package
b&o
21 inch rims
rear sunshades
Carbon inlay

we're offered 2 packages when we buy the progressive and the technik package. The technik package includes pano roof, rain and light sensors,Bluetooth, ami, multi function 3 spoke flat bottom wheel, heated front and rear seats with Driver memory and lumbar controls, auto dining side and interior mirror with compass, high gloss exterior trim, power folding and heated mirrors, 3 zone climate control with fine diary filter, driver info system with color display, load through provision, fine Nappa leather sports seats, parking system, xenon adaptive headlights with cornering function, led drl and tail lights, advance key with start button, home link, audi side assist.

The premium Navi comes with hdd Navi system, speech dialouge system, hd radio, parking system with rear camera

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Welcome to the forum mate, be sure to post some pics when it has arrived; haven't seen a TFSI SQ5 yet!
You say you work for Audi?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you. Yes I do work for audi in Toronto Canada. I don't think there is much difference other then the engine. Also not sure how to post pics on here as I have lots of pics of the showroom cars with all kinds of interior trims.

·
Still Game
4,617 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Always interested to hear from someone with a different perspective than those on this little island.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I took a demo for a run on the highway and it sounds great, pulls hard, and it's very comfortable even with the 21 inch rims. Not as fast as my skyline but I was none the less impressed. I currently daily drive a 2010 glk350 4 matic. It has less power then the sq5 but eats more gas then the sq5 which dosent make sense to me. But the glk is got to go.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Welcome aboard!
Great spec, the packages offered are the way it should be for a top of the range model - Audi UK know lots of people will tick the boxes though and at the same time know there are people that only want/can afford the power and not the gadgets.
The cost of a fully spec'd SQ5 is approaching £60k here which I imagine is almost twice what you pay!

For pics sign up to photobucket and then link to it. It's very easy and allows full res uploads etc - all for free.

Also, maybe you can attempt to settle the 'is it lowered for NAR'!
Compared to a Q5 is the SQ lowered (in Canada at least?).
Still yet to get a definitive on this for USA as well.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
877 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Looking fwd to the pics and hopefully a resolution of the lowered/not lowered debate as Jose mentions.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a dealer only spec sheet that has every single spec on the 2014 sq5 tfsi from compression ratio and final drives to angel of the seats but regardless of that sheet our cars here are lowered by 30mm then the regular q5 height. Later on tonight I will put on all the specs so you guys can compare.i will also list what options we get. Well my build is fully loaded the only thing I don't have is adaptive cruise control, rear side air bags, and tire pressure monitor

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Since I work at audi I got employee discounts and the car cost me fully loaded $66,800.00 which in pounds would be I think around 41000 pounds but if was not an employee I would be paying $79,000.00 Canadian which is about 48400 pounds

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
I have a dealer only spec sheet that has every single spec on the 2014 sq5 tfsi from compression ratio and final drives to angel of the seats but regardless of that sheet our cars here are lowered by 30mm then the regular q5 height. Later on tonight I will put on all the specs so you guys can compare.i will also list what options we get. Well my build is fully loaded the only thing I don't have is adaptive cruise control, rear side air bags, and tire pressure monitor
This agrees with other Canadian experiences as well.
So maybe it really is just USA that is not lowered (due to classing it as a truck has to have a certain ground clearance apparently).

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Engine
Type-v6 dohc/24v/direct injection/supercharged
arrangement-front mounted, longitudinal
bore and stroke(mm)-84.5x89.0
Displacement(cm cubed)-2995
compression ratio-10.3:1
Horsepower(SAE [email protected]) [email protected]
torque(lbs/[email protected]) [email protected]
engine oil capacity including filter-6.8L
fuel capacity-75L
fuel grade-premium unleaded

electrical system
battery-12v 80 amps/hr
alternator-14v 150 amps

drivetrain
drive config-quattto awd
transmission type-tiptronic
gear ratio
1-4.71
2-3.14
3-2.11
4-1.67
5-1.29
6-1.00
7-0.84
Final drive-3.08

Body/suspension

steering type- electromechanical wroth speed sensitive power assist
steering ratio-15.9:1
Turning circle-11.6m
suspension ft-5 link sus,upper and lower wishbone
suspension rr-independent wheel trapezoidal-link
breaking System-dual circuit with diagnol split,abs,ebd,esp and brake disc wiping feature
front brake size/type-380mm vent disc
rear brake size/type-330mm vent disc
parking brake-electromechanical
drag coefficient-0.36
body material-unitary steel structure

performance
to speed electronically limited(km/h)-250km/h
Acceleration 0-100km/h (sec. )-5.3

Weight/loads
curb weight (kg)-2000
Gross weight (kg)-2560

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Exterior

Vehicle length (mm) 4647
width-1911
Height-1658
Track width front to rear-1630/1626
vehicle width incl mirrors-2089
wheelbase-2807

interior

head room front/rear(mm)- 1000/900
Leg room front/rear-1042/951
Interior width front/rear-1465/1432
luggage capacity-(L)-824

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sq5 exterior colors
ibis white
Glacier white
brilliant black
Phantom black
volcano red
Panther black
ice silver
Estoril blue
lava Grey
Moonlight blue
Monsoon grey

sq5 inlays
Standard-brushed aluminum
optional-carbon Atlas
optional-aluminum/black beaufort

sq5 seats

All the seats are no cost options whichever way you choose to put it together although with some colors certain color combinations ate not allowed

fine Nappa leather
black
lunar silver/black
chestnut Brown/black
magma red/black

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Now as for the packages you can scroll up and it shows the technic package. Pretty much the progressive package is everything except advance key wroth start button, heated rear seats, homelink, audi side assist, and adaptive xenon plus headlights

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Stand alone options
metallic/Pearl effect paint-800
Carbon Atlas, inlay-500
Aluminum/black Beaufort, inlay-1100
Rear sunshades-300
B&O 14 speaker system-1000
Rear entertainment-2000
21inch 5 double spoke design wheels-1000

$2000-Nav package
hdd Nav system
speech dialouge system
hd radio
This one is only offered with the progressive package you cannot get this option if you buy The technik package

$3200-Nav package with parking system
it has the same as the first one I mentioned but with the parking system with rear camera. This package can only be had with the tecknik package

sold order only

rear side airbags-500
tire pressure monitor system-300
Adaptive headlights with cornering function-300. This is standard on the technik package you only pay for it if you payed for the progressive package
adaptive cruise control-1700

1 - 18 of 18 Posts