Audi Q5 Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Bummer, I was goona try this myself this weekend.

From what I've read online today it seems the module 6d is unable to be coded on the Q5 8R.
Also why I was out trying this today I ran a autoscan on the car and it came up with a fault saying the ABS module was incorrectly coded, after some digging looks like the mod I did to disable the dynamic steering has affected it......Bugger.

Reactions: Ninja21

·
Registered
3 Posts
Or is this only do-able using the button on the inside?

Seems sometimes when walking away from the car, with heavy bags of shopping for instance, it would be useful to carry your keys and just just the tailgate without having to lift the things you're carrying. Or put them down to achieve it.
Apparently Audi do a "Convenience" key which is an option and this will shut the boot but the standard remote key will not. Great shame as my BMW did this and Audi have missed a trick!

·
Registered
Audi SQ5 2015
1,959 Posts
Apparently Audi do a "Convenience" key which is an option and this will shut the boot but the standard remote key will not. Great shame as my BMW did this and Audi have missed a trick!
Not sure that is correct, as I have Advanced Key, which seems to be the same as Convenience key. As in I can open doors, boot and start the car with key fob in my pocket. But its not possible to close the boot via the fob or the button in the driver door, only open.

Current Q5/SQ5 key options / add-ons available:
Keyless Go option - Allows engine to be started by simply pressing the start/stop button in the centre console.

Advanced Key (currently Vorsprung models only) - Access and authorisation system that works through automatic data exchange between key and vehicle, allowing the driver to keep the car key in their pocket or bag at all times. To unlock and open, simply lift the exterior door handle, use a kicking motion underneath the car (MK2 only) at the rear of the vehicle or hold down the convenience key. The luggage compartment lid can also be opened when the vehicle is locked.

Original RS4 fitting instructions from here (easier to read click on diagrams / photos) - Bexpro - Remote Tailgate closure module - RS246.com Forum :: The World's #1 Audi R, S and RS Enthusiast Community

There is also a Kufatec option (bit expensive) - KUFATEC

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not sure that is correct, as I have Advanced Key, which seems to be the same as Convenience key. As in I can open doors, boot and start the car with key fob in my pocket. But its not possible to close the boot via the fob or the button in the driver door, only open.

Current Q5/SQ5 key options / add-ons available:
Keyless Go option - Allows engine to be started by simply pressing the start/stop button in the centre console.

Advanced Key (currently Vorsprung models only) - Access and authorisation system that works through automatic data exchange between key and vehicle, allowing the driver to keep the car key in their pocket or bag at all times. To unlock and open, simply lift the exterior door handle, use a kicking motion underneath the car (MK2 only) at the rear of the vehicle or hold down the convenience key. The luggage compartment lid can also be opened when the vehicle is locked.

Original RS4 fitting instructions from here (easier to read click on diagrams / photos) - Bexpro - Remote Tailgate closure module - RS246.com Forum :: The World's #1 Audi R, S and RS Enthusiast Community

There is also a Kufatec option (bit expensive) - KUFATEC
That is what I was told by my Audi dealer - but what do they know, had my new Audi in for 2 days as it keeps throwing up random messages on screen and they could not fix it. Now in for another 2 days this month.

·
Registered
Audi SQ5 2015
1,959 Posts
Would be interested to know how you got on? Did it work, and how easy was it to install?

Reactions: rifleman

·
Still Game
4,772 Posts

·
Registered
Audi SQ5 2015
1,959 Posts
Nice one missile (y) Does it do anything to the boot opening switch in the drivers door? Also do you have a link to the installation video you mentioned? Does the rabbit come with this? 🤭

·
Still Game
4,772 Posts
Hi, The drivers door switch works as normal to open. I have not tested to see if it also closes the tailgate.

The video does not have an open source link, but if you buy simply click on the image to open it on your phone. It might be available on you tube if you search?
It really is very easy to install, just three connectors to plug in.

No instructions and no rabbit in the hat.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts