Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently decided to go for an S Line Plus Q5, but finding it hard work finding a dealer/salesperson who actually wants to sell a car......

Especially when I start talking discount. I've taken advice and have gone in armed with a couple of good broker quotes and nobody seems interested.

Can anyone recommend a dealer or even a salesperson?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hello chizzy give derby audi a ring who are part of the sytner group and ask for a guy called mark inman on 01332 546800.
I have just last week took delivery of a s line plus in scuba blue and got at least 12% discount.
I have had a Q5 off them before but mention that dave draycott off the Q5 Forum has put you in touch you may get a good deal.
And just for the record no i do not get anything out of it i just hope you can get a good deal like i did.

Good luck let us know how you get on.
DCD

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Dave, that's brill!

Live in Stafford, so Derby isn't so bad. I will give him a call tomorrow. Just a quick question.....Is it 12% off OTR? or pre VAT, delivery etc etc?

·
Registered
700 Posts
Hi chizzy I'm not surprised your looking round , I bought my last Q 5 from Stafford audi and they wouldn't budge at all on price it was a month old and I think the problem was they knew I wanted it , it's well worth shopping round if you have the time all the best on getting a good deal .

·
Registered
221 Posts
A simple question you might think. The world must be full of people desperate to spend thousands on a new car as many Audi dealers simply don't seem interested in selling them unless you dance to their tune.

Try "Auto-by-tel"........... they are supposedly an internet broker.

I rang them after reading a post from another forum member who recommended them.

When I rang them they put me straight through to an Audi dealership in Macclesfield which I found strange as they took no details from me. I Got just over 10% so was happy. When speaking with the salesman when I collected the car he told me Auto-by -tel are in fact owned by the Inchcape group. They set up the company to compete with other internet brokers in an effort to halt sliding sales to other internet brokers.

Inchcape have a a number of Audi dealerships in the Midlands / South west I believe. I understand they put you through to whichever dealerships requires sales to meet quotas and can therefor offset discounts against sales target commissions

I was put through to through Macclesfield Audi (Steve Clarence) which is not a million miles from you.

If all else fails "Drive the Deal" are supposed to be very good.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I asked my dealer (Newcastle Audi) about the prices that places Orange wheels etc can offer cars for. Apparently what they do is see what dealers are near to their quota for the month and then direct the customer to that particular dealer.
Car dealers do not tend to make vast amounts of money from a new car, they make more from manufacturer bonuses depending upon how many units they can shift.
This is common across all car dealers, not just Audi and also very common in the motorcycle world.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts