Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi everyone

After 18 months & 20,000 trouble free miles the Q5 is on its way. No problems at all with the car, we just did`nt gel im afraid. I came from a B7 A4 3.0 TDi Quattro Sline Avant & i just found the Q5 slow & cumbersome, & even though it has a smaller engine, it uses more fuel.

Other niggles are the relentless pounding of the hard suspension, heavy steering, offset pedals & uncomfortable seats.

So its off to BMW. A 325D Msport Coupe ( with the sports suspension deleted ). I really dont need a 4x4, my wife has a Freelander, which is an infinately better allrounder than the Q5, but its the only Audi 2.0 diesel that they make with Quattro & Auto.

The one saving grace is the fantastic trade in that i have been offered - only ?2500 less than i paid for it.

Anyway roll on the middle of April

Stay safe , Paul

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi everyone

After 18 months & 20,000 trouble free miles the Q5 is on its way. No problems at all with the car, we just did`nt gel im afraid. I came from a B7 A4 3.0 TDi Quattro Sline Avant & i just found the Q5 slow & cumbersome, & even though it has a smaller engine, it uses more fuel.

Other niggles are the relentless pounding of the hard suspension, heavy steering, offset pedals & uncomfortable seats.

So its off to BMW. A 325D Msport Coupe ( with the sports suspension deleted ). I really dont need a 4x4, my wife has a Freelander, which is an infinately better allrounder than the Q5, but its the only Audi 2.0 diesel that they make with Quattro & Auto.

The one saving grace is the fantastic trade in that i have been offered - only ?2500 less than i paid for it.

Anyway roll on the middle of April

Stay safe , Paul
Just changed my 335d touring for the 3L Tdi sline, infact drove it back to France yesterday and you are right, they are a bit weildy, but the ride on my BM was much harder than the ride in this and I have the 20 inch wheels on the Q5 you are right to get rid of the sports suspension, I would also go for the comfort seats as well, as the sports seats are not brilliant, excellent drivers car though.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Sorry to see you leave........but you must have been mad in the first place downsizing engine from a 3.0 Tdi to a 2.0Tdi. It's no wonder you didn't gel

I downsized from a TDV8 3.6 to the 3.0Tdi and the reason we gel is because this 3.0Tdi Q5 is a damn quicker drive and more comfortable. Especially with the ADS on 19" wheels and with better mpg. There is no way I could have been comfortable with the small 2.0Tdi.

So no regrets

Oh sorry but I just can't compare the FL2 to the Q5 having had two RRS's prior to the Q5. There is a hell of a difference..........
Get the wife an RRS.

Enjoy the beemer

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry to see you leave........but you must have been mad in the first place downsizing engine from a 3.0 Tdi to a 2.0Tdi. It's no wonder you didn't gel

I downsized from a TDV8 3.6 to the 3.0Tdi and the reason we gel is because this 3.0Tdi Q5 is a damn quicker drive and more comfortable. Especially with the ADS on 19" wheels and with better mpg. There is no way I could have been comfortable with the small 2.0Tdi.

So no regrets

Oh sorry but I just can't compare the FL2 to the Q5 having had two RRS's prior to the Q5. There is a hell of a difference..........
Get the wife an RRS.

Enjoy the beemer
Hi Josh

Thanks for the reply. Beleive it or not my wife is now on her 8th Freelander - 5 Mk 1s & now her 3rd Mk2. Cant get her to look at anything else. I borrowed a RRS for a weekend & she thought it was too big. I quite liked it but thought it was a little too flash. You are right about downsizing, anyway it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Paul

1 - 4 of 4 Posts