Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I've finally made the push and hopefully this week I'm jumping out of my 08 BMW 535D for a 63 Plate, Lava Grey SQ5 with more bells and whistle than what I had configured - even has climate cup holder but hey apart from the colour (pref was Silver) it ticks all the boxes I don't have to wait 6 months so Happy Days ( that is, off course if the finance company's computer says Yes :)....

After 6 years and 130Kmls I finally got bored and tired with the 535D which was re-mapped to 340bhp. Biggest problem I had was What Next?

The brief was for something different from the luxury Black on Black armchair point and squirt saloon car. Having dismissed the Jags, Mercs and Jap cars as boring same ole same ole and the RR Sport too pricey; Cayene & Q7 being replaced in 2015 and a 12 month wait for the Megan I was reluctantly on my way back to BMW for another round of arrogant salesmen and 3 more years of P*** Poor customer care and service.

In desperation I went into my Audi Watford and told a salesman my dilemma. "Walk this way Sir!" Went outside and there for the first time I saw the SQ5. After a spin around the country roads of Herts I returned to the dealership decided there was something else as good if not better!

After 2 months of wrestling with "New V 2[sup]nd[/sup] hand" argument I finally opted for 2nd hand and found one with only 300 miles on it so I've decided to jump ship - "Bye Bye BMW 535" "Hello Audi SQ5"!....

Obviously gonna miss that dealership walk through/hand-over of new keys feeling from an Audi dearlership nonetheless really looking forward to sitting behind that wheel hearing that exhaust - I know just the underpass :)

Words of caution/pearls of wisdom welcomed.

Will post some pictures when I pick it up,

Diesel

·
Registered
706 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Lava looks great on the SQ5, I'm sure you'll be more than happy with it...

·
Registered
596 Posts
Welcome from another Lava Gray SQ5 owner.
Had Daytona Grey on my previous Q5 (lovely) but the Lava is even more lovely (IMHO).

·
Registered
952 Posts
Welcome from another ex 35d BMW driver, pick up my SQ5 in the next 10 days hopefully.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi, I'm new here aswell and came over from Pistonheads, I remember the great 535d vs M5 debate and the classic thread(argument) that ensued. I'd be really interested in how your SQ5 compares to the BMW.

A week to go and I cannot wait...

Jim

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Welcome mate! Got same colour Lava Grey which you will love. All the best and looking forward to seeing the pics!

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Gr8 choice,enjoy 😄

1 - 12 of 12 Posts