Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondered what experiences people have had purchasing over the internet. Looking at a reverse auction site and it looks like we could save around two or three thousand pounds on the Q5 which would make it a serious contender to the Q3. Has anyone got really good deals via this type of broker, my other half thinks its too good to be true!

·
Registered
578 Posts
I used the brokers and then took the best quote to my local Audi and they matched it. I am still in touch with the sales guy and I could get 10% off list price on a new Q5 SLine plus at the moment.

It's worth some extra money in buying from a dealer though, I have read of longer build times through brokers and you never really know who you are dealing with.

Audi are desperate to sell cars, I hear they are not doing too well at the moment, good time to do some negotiating and remember there are many different Audi franchises and each one will give you a different deal.

Reactions: Pseudonym

·
Registered
122 Posts
I used the brokers and then took the best quote to my local Audi and they matched it. I am still in touch with the sales guy and I could get 10% off list price on a new Q5 SLine plus at the moment.

It's worth some extra money in buying from a dealer though, I have read of longer build times through brokers and you never really know who you are dealing with.

Audi are desperate to sell cars, I hear they are not doing too well at the moment, good time to do some negotiating and remember there are many different Audi franchises and each one will give you a different deal.
Ahmen to that... I was in the dealer today for yet another once over and a few bits and bobs... They were practically begging me to take an ex-demo A4 Black edition in red, as a work horse. the manager knocked 3k off it on the spot as Ive bought the Q.

Do it, do it.... DO IT

·
Registered
503 Posts
I used Carfile when I purchased my A3 5 years ago and they were great.

Pleaced my order with them, then after a day or two I was given the name and contact details of the supplying dealer and paid my deposit to them. It really was as simple as that.

I live in Southampton and I collected my car from the suppling dealer on the outskirts of Birmingham and it was just like I had placed the order with them.

At the time my local dealer couldn't or wouldn't match the price and their price on my part ex was much lower.

The service was amazing and I will definately do it again.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Be very careful here- there are two types of brokers out there:

1) Those that act as introduces. They take a deposit, get you the best deal and from then on in you deal with a dealer just as if you had purchased direct. You have a dealer order form and contract to supply the vehicle.

2) Those that act as intermediaries. Your order is with them, you have little to no visibility of the supplying dealer and they handle the whole process through to delivery.

I would personally avoid 2) like the plague. No contract to supply with a dealer = no guarantees. Their own paper is worthless. There are a couple examples of people on the X3 forum having orders cancelled after months of waiting with the reason "dealer no longer able to supply"

Always do your homework. First question to ask is if the ultimate order form you sign will be direct with a franchised dealer, or with them? Walk away if the latter.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Be very careful here- there are two types of brokers out there:

1) Those that act as introduces. They take a deposit, get you the best deal and from then on in you deal with a dealer just as if you had purchased direct. You have a dealer order form and contract to supply the vehicle.

2) Those that act as intermediaries. Your order is with them, you have little to no visibility of the supplying dealer and they handle the whole process through to delivery.

I would personally avoid 2) like the plague. No contract to supply with a dealer = no guarantees. Their own paper is worthless. There are a couple examples of people on the X3 forum having orders cancelled after months of waiting with the reason "dealer no longer able to supply"

Always do your homework. First question to ask is if the ultimate order form you sign will be direct with a franchised dealer, or with them? Walk away if the latter.
Agreed, mine was dealt with as per 1)

·
Registered
294 Posts
I used car-finance.net and was a very positve experience. Would recommend them.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have used autoebid twice- contract ultimately is via Audi dealer - but with excellent savings

1 - 8 of 8 Posts