·
Banned
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
963 Posts
Looks good but won't it scratch too?

I have Venture Shield film on top of my bumper for that purpose. Audi do a version of it in their accessories range. Both of which are cheaper than the above

Reactions: Chopper

·
Banned
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll have a look cheers Rog

·
Registered
150 Posts
I play golf and trying to protect the top of the bumper whilst dragging my stuff in and out has been a pain. I looked at what was available and eventually opted for some clear adhesive plastic (the type of stuff you get on the front of a new phone protecting the screen only thicker). I tried cutting it to shape but there were too many twists and turns to get it right and in the end cut it into strips which I laid side by side and it's been successful in so far as the strips are imposible to see without close inspection and it has protected the bumper. I raised this issue in another thread on this forum suggesting that it is was remiss of Audi not to have a protector of an optional accessory and someone rpleied that they did but I couldn't work out the link.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I have ordered the "Underfloor storage tray in boot 6SU" which includes a reversible load mat with a rubber bumper cover (£145)

You can also get just the"Reversible load floor mat, 6SJ" which has the extendable rubber bumper cover for £85

hope this helps

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have the Audi bumper protection film. We have a dog too.

Easy to fit and after almost two years it's still looking good.

I would have preferred it to be slightly wider as it doesn't quite cover the full width of the bumper (by width, I mean from front to back).

I got it for a good price from Lincoln Audi's eBay shop.

·
Banned
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Paul, can see they sell a fair bit on ebay will give them a wall, once I've had the scuffs sprayed

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have the Audi bumper protection film. We have a dog too.

Easy to fit and after almost two years it's still looking good.

I would have preferred it to be slightly wider as it doesn't quite cover the full width of the bumper (by width, I mean from front to back).

I got it for a good price from Lincoln Audi's eBay shop.
Hi Paul, which spec Q5 do you have as I note in the brochure that the films "not for sline"?

·
Registered
963 Posts
Did you check out Venture Shield? Mine covers the full width and over the curve of the bumper.
I'm considering getting it extended at some point. I know someone who does custom templates. The whole of my front is covered in it..........good product which I've had on 3 cars now

·
Registered
79 Posts
Anyone with the Audi bumper protective film able to comment (or even better supply pics) of how it fits on the bumper? It's mentions in the brochure not being suitable for Sline models and guessing this is something to do with the Stainless steel "scuff guard" on the sline?

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
They are going to try to fit one on mine which I am picking up on Wednesday. They think it might just need a bit of trimming. I will let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ransman, how did you get on with the fitting of the bumper strip?

I'm thinking of ventureshield for the whole of the rear bumper, anyone had this done? I'm waiting for a quote to come back but I'm thinking its gonna be less than £250 otherwise I think I'll go for the audi strip with a bit of trimming.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
They forgot to order it :-(

It is now on order and they are going to let me know when it's in.

I will let you know.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
It was fitted today and is almost invisible - so it does work on the S-Line.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts