Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted on here to find out more about the Q5 delays and found it a really useful read. I have finally had at the start of last week confirmation that the car was built during the week and should ship in approx 3 weeks. Where do they get shipped from? They have advised me that they will be issuing the reg number to the dealer once it gets on the boat to speed up the paperwork process. Has anyone any experience with this? I'm just hoping they don't put anything back again as I've been waiting for this motor since the 10th January!

·
Registered
294 Posts
They ship from Emden in Gemany. If you're sad like me you can track the boats on marrinetraffic.com - all the VAG transporters end with the name Highway.

Mine was shipped to Sheerness which took about about 1-2 days and was with the dealer within 3 days of arriving in the UK. I was then able to collect the car some 3-4 days later iirc. Getting the reg took no-time at all.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I spoke to the dealer yesterday and it has a reg number now so i'm guessing can't be that far away! I have just seen your footer and you have the same car that I'm waiting for. Do you have any photos of it that you could share?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Look under Readers Drives. There's a thread titled The Swainey Q - couple of pics there. Not the greatest but...

·
Registered
294 Posts
Not long now then - although it will seem an eternity!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts