Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hellooooo. I just purchased a 2010 Audi Q5! I love it! Upon purchasing I knew the car was in need of some new brake pads & rotors. I live in Colorado and was quoted for the top of line brake pads (Zimmerman)...I was told it would run me about $1200. I'm not opposed to that but being a girl I'm always a little weary and don't want to be taken as a sucker. I have a friend who is a mechanic and would do it for cheaper, but I'm sure there is some sensors and other technical things involved and I just want to take the best care possible. Is it necessary for me to have the top of the line? What other brake pad brands do you recommend? Could I have my friend work on my car and have him just follow some simple instructions? Is $1200 too much or is this the average price? Any info is greatly appreciated. Enlighten me. Please be easy. Thanks!

·
Still Game
4,617 Posts
Never heard of Zimmerman, but $1200 is far more than I would pay for a set of pads and rotors(?).

Standard brakes on the Q5 are more than enough for the performance of the vehicle for road use. If you need more stopping power fit the rotors callipers and pads from the SQ5.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! I meant to say is $1200 for a new set of brake pads & rotors w/ labor too much? lol I'm pretty sure you got it though. I really appreciate the info.

Best.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts