Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Just finished replacing the brake pads all round, as the front pad light indicator had come on recently. I replaced with OEM as I got a decent price from my dealer, which was comparable with the online prices.

Checked both the front and rear discs, and both are still holding up well @ 80k miles, with only a slight lip starting to appear which is only to be expected.

The only tricky part is that the rear caliper piston does needs to be retracted and then closed after re-assembly using VCDS, but the rest of the process is really simple to do for both the front and rear pads, and no special tools are required for either, so if you've got a decent socket set and a few spanners, that is all that is required.

Cheers
Grant

·
Registered
138 Posts
Do you not need a tool to retract the rear pads?

Who did your re map?
No, it simply pushes back like the front calipers. All the VAG cars I've had before (Golfs, RS4, etc) all had rewinding calipers, and required the 'special tool', but the Q5 rears just pushed back. See video for demo http://youtu.be/cHJMI4QkSy8?t=3m38s

MRC did my remap and DPF removal.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Grant. great post on the rear pads, but I thing the lacl of DPF can be detected via the emmissions test, so MOT could be a problem. Keep us updated.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My friend owns and runs the MOT station, so I'll ask him if it passed, when it passes

1 - 7 of 7 Posts