Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are you guys using to keep your wheels clean? Does anyone know of a good wheel wax that will last. I have to clean my wheels every week because they are covered in brake dust. I have been using mer wheel wax, I was expecting this to put a coating on the alloy so you would be able to just hose off. This is not the case, I still need to use a brush/cloth to clean. Is there anything available that puts a better coating on the alloy? At a decent price.
P.S I have the off road alloys.

·
Banned
489 Posts
Hi Retbug. I used Gtechniq C5 Alloy Wheel Armour (or rather the Detailer did) and it seems fine. They just need a wipe over when the car's washed. I'm really pleased with these off road alloys btw.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Morning Retbug, as Shenstone says i have used G techniq and it works great, after 3 months still a quick jet wash and there clean as a whistle ! Quick blow off with air compressor then there done .

·
Registered
202 Posts
As both comments above - the Gtechniq stuff works a treat

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers guys. Will try.

·
Registered
433 Posts
My Q has suregard protection and the dust just washes off with hose then a sponge for finial cleaning, has been like that since new last February. I have the same product on the A3 again the dust just washes off with hose.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've used Jetseal 109, easy to apply and has stood up well to the Scottish winter and road salt. Also used before applying wax to the paintwork.

·
Registered
108 Posts
spray with tfr then jet wash...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts