Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening everyone. Totally new to Audi and currently looking at getting a new Q5. Need something bigger now my daughter is getting bigger. 3 doors is becoming a pain !

Ive made some enquiries at my local Audi Dealership. Anyone recommend a dealer as im happy to shop around to get the best deal.

Dave

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hello blackrat,
I got my Q5 2 litre se 170 bhp in brilliant black from derby audi which is part of the sytner group and the level of service and the deal i got was the best anyone could offer at the time.
Spoke to a salesman called mark inman who was one of the best i had dealt with over any car i have had in the past and in future i will be dealing with him from now on if i change my vehicle again.
The dealership is situated very close to derby county football stadium at pride park and is easily accessible from the M1 and A38.
There telephone number is 01332 546800 and i hope you get the deal that you are after.
Good luck
DCD

·
Banned
842 Posts
Hi mate.

Ordered mine from Audi Leeds (Sytner Group again) after they let me down on a used Q5 and got a good deal. However a friend of mine has recently set up his own brokers and offered to beat the dealer. However I stuck with them as I feel I have them in my pocket so to speak.

His name is Andy Crone and his personal mobile is 07885964416. http://www.optimummotors.co.uk/

Good luck let us know how you get on.

Ordered mine a month ago and been quoted Dec/Jan for delivery.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hi Blackrat are you in France or UK, do you need a left or right hand drive car?
Mine was left hand drive - ordered from Watford Audi (the only UK dealer who can supply lhd) saved a fortune over the price at my local french dealer
kc

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi there, im in the UK. Keen to have a RHD one though as the wife will be driving it mostly. Chopper and DCD, have spoken to both your guys and am awaiting quotes to come back. Funny thing was they asked who it was that recommended them and i only had your user names to go on !

Was quite a funny conversation !

·
Banned
842 Posts
Hi there, im in the UK. Keen to have a RHD one though as the wife will be driving it mostly. Chopper and DCD, have spoken to both your guys and am awaiting quotes to come back. Funny thing was they asked who it was that recommended them and i only had your user names to go on !

Tell him it was Carl the Physio from Featherstone Rovers next time you speak to him. Hope you got a good deal.

·
Registered
134 Posts

Hello blackrat,
Tell mark inman it was david draycott from chesterfield who recommended you and he will know straight away who i am.

Hope you get a good quote
DCD

·
Registered
578 Posts
FYI I used Beechwood Audi and got roughly 6% off the list price on a new S-Line Special Edition.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anyone ever used one of these brokers ?

Drive the deal or broker 4 cars.

Their prices are incredible !

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Right, went to the dealer and ..... Ordered it !!!

Wasnt able to get anywhere near to the brokers, but that said was happy with what they could do. The spek i wanted started off at £760 a month, down to £609 !!

Well chuffed. December delivery so will be a nice xmas present !

·
Banned
842 Posts
What spec did you go for in the end Blackrat?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here goes !

S line Special edition 170 DCI, S tronic

Hill assist
Privacy Glass
Memory Seats
AMI - Ipod connection thingy
Advanced Key
Interior Light package.

Any other recommendations ?

·
Banned
842 Posts
Definately add the collapsible spare at around £80 for the peace of mind of having a spare as opposed to a foam kit. What about heated seats to go with the memory? Cruise control if you do alot of miles? Its very horses for courses and I haven't even got mine to comment on what any of the options are like!

·
Registered
69 Posts
IMHO must haves:
1) Heated seat
2) Cruise control

·
Registered
578 Posts
5 year warranty package for me.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks for the other suggestions.

I mainly do town driving. Ive got two Renaultsports, which have cruise control and i never really use them so not worth it tbh.

Heated seats, i was tempted but i always feel like ive wet myself when they are on. Nice in the winter though !

The spare is a good idea, but again always had foam. Perhaps need to think sensible and practical now !

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
local northampton one.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Had an update from the dealer. Apparently my Q5 wont be here in December as promised, its now showing build date in April !!!!!

Anyone else had such a massive delay ?

Dave

·
Registered
578 Posts
Mine took 3 months from order to delivery, nearly the same spec as yours., I'd enquire at other dealers.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts