Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Please find below the different steps to activate the BT on a 3G MMI. To do so, you'll need the famous Vagcom.

1) Enable the hidden menu [Vagcom]

STG 5F (infotainment), Select
STG adaptation -> function 10
Canal number 06
Value: 1

2) BT activation [Hidden menu]
To enter into the hidden menu, you have to press simultaneously [Car] + [Setup] for 6s

Under Diagnostics \ Misc phone parameters\

3) Reboot the MMI

Press simultaneously 1 + 2 + 3 (this might take up to 60s)

reboot MMI.jpg

4) Infotainment adaptation with the BT [Vagcom]

STG 5F (infotainment), Select
STG adaptation -> function 10
17 canaux - Bluetooth module (internal)
Value: 1

5) Enjoy

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
What aspect of Bluetooth does this allow; I already have mobile phone preparation - Bluetooth interface, will this allow more or just what I have?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is what you already have with the phone preparation - BT interface, but I guess you paid for it ?

·
Registered
578 Posts
Normally if you pay you also get a cradle to dock your phone in the arm rest, otherwise the free one with 3G is just bluetooth only.

·
Registered
39 Posts
For the £250 I paid , I got just Bluetooth called preparation no cradle no external aerial some degree of voice control, & uses the phone aerial...

Apparently for £450 you get what I thought I was getting ie cradle and external aerial & voice control, would not mind upgrading/retro fitting, however I don't fancy a shark fin on the roof can it be linked to car aerial which I think is in the rear screen.

For £665 & £970 you get a lot more; see configurator options, under audio and communication then telephone.

http://configurator....mandant=accx-uk

·
Registered
578 Posts
Interesting, I originally had bluetooth on my list to add @ £250 but then saw that it came with the S-Line Special Edition so I went for that pack. I didn't have Nav though. Looking back at my original brochure there is no mention of the Tech Pack or 3G nav including bluetooth - crazy that you can activate it yourself without needing to spend the £250!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Already done from new, s-line plus 2012 spec and Tech pack high,

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thanks you Gugus;

Just put some efforting in to doing this today and got it working a treat.

I must update though some more precise access instructions.

Firstly the secret menu must be enabled with VCDS beforehand (Part 1 of Gugus Post)

[5F - Information Electr.]
[Adaptation - 10] -> Channel 6 -> Change 0 to 1
Save and Exit.

Next -

Press/Release car (turns red)
Press/Release setup (turns red)
Press/Hold car & setup at same time for approx 6 seconds (setup button red light goes out)
Release both buttons then press setup again.

To exit the Hidden Menu Press Car, to apply any changes you need to restart the MMI -

Press and hold down the function keys (Setup), the control button (Joystick centre button) and the control key at the top right simultaneously until the MMI system shuts down. Release the keys and the MMI system reboots.

Part 2 - This down to language barriers and my german not being brilliant, BT activation go looking for it as its not under misc phone parameters on my system, i found it and changed it to 4 of 16 (yes there is 16 different variations of the from and to option).

All the other parts 3 an 4 are spot on. Bluetooth working a treat...

I really dont get Audi why they dont just enable this for everyone. I mean I got my car second hand and the spec is 3.0TDI/S-Line/20"/heated electric seats/pan roof/B&O speakers/HDD SAT Nav/Voice command/Storage pack/advanced parking plus. Its a ex-company car and it doesnt have bluetooth or cruise control? The two most important things on a company car??? lol

Again thanks to Gugus for the original post. Saved me £300 dealer price, £100 ebay price and an hours drive... Just got to work out how to get maps and firmware upgraded to latest..suspect dealer only for that ;-)

·
Registered
3 Posts
HI ALL

I live in SOUTH KOREA.

I have 2010 audi q5 2.0 diesel(dynamic) with 3g mmi(ver. H_KR_K574)

My audi q5 didn`t activate bluetooth handsfree.

And I followed this TOPIC
http://www.myaudiq5....tion-on-3g-mmi/

It was activated the bluetooth menu. But it didn`t pair with my Iphone.

It didn`t find my device.

What can I do for using my bluetooth handsfree?

Please help me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts