Audi Q5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
My Nokia E90 has worked flawlessly with my Q5 from the day my salesman set it up - hop in car, instant recognition and away you go

At the weekend I thought it was wise to do a backup of my address book, notes and anything else on the phone using Nokia pc suite.
Things then went from bad to worse, need a new copy of pc suite, pc suite will not communicate with phone, need to update phone firmware , blah, blah, blah

anyway three hours later I had successfully updated the phone and backed up to my pc

Hopped in car, had a call on my phone - no communication with the car.

Went into bluetooth and enabled it on my phone, told the car to find phone - successfully linked them

BUT
every time I get in the car now I have to agree to pair with the car and accept it
Never had to do this before
Is there a tick box somewhere that says allways allow connection between this phone and car?

Any help appreciated, by an old fogey who gets pi$$ed off with having to update things that ARE NOT BROKE!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have had the same problem with other phones as well as Nokia. There is usually an option in the bluetooth setup on the phone for each paired connection which says dont ask to confirm connection in the future. If you check this box problem will be solved.

On my last car a Freelander and with a Blackberry when it carried out a firmware upgrade on the phone the phone book wouldn't transfer to the car. The only way to fix it was to take the phone baclk to a previous firmware version which was not easy or quick. I now dont do firmware upgrades to my phone unless absolutely essential.

Best of luck

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thought that was what it will be, just have to find it now!!!!!

make a change from watching England lose!
kc

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I cannot believe it
Found it
Bluetooth paired devices - Audi - set as authorised - save

Thanks Dave

Now time to drown my sorrows in Magners.

kc

·
Registered
9 Posts
I cannot believe it
Found it
Bluetooth paired devices - Audi - set as authorised - save

I find I have to do this to my E90 after each time I drive my g/f's car, in which it connects to a Nokia car kit.

Does your E90 also refuse to charge using cigarette-plug chargers, like mine?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts