Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, to cut a long story we short we sold our house in November and are currently renting as my wife and I are looking for a new house for our family in Edinburgh.

Last week I found mouse sh!t all over my car detailing kit in the garage and have been busy dispatching the little rodents to mouse heaven. I also boxed up everything in massive lockable plastic storage boxes from a large stationary company.

This evening I decided to top up my windscreen / cyclist washer fluid and found the mice had attached the foam lining in the top of my engine and I could swear I smelt cat pee when I was driving to work so it could be rodent / SNP pee instead.

Does anyone know how to make a Q5 mouse resistant while parked on a drive or make mice avoid it like the plague?

reading various forums it seems moth balls or peppermint oil are used by the nice folk in America / Canada

Any advice would be helpful as Audi stealers will rob me blind on repairs!!!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Snow Man, not allowed a pet as per tenancy agreement!

have power washed drive and placed mouse traps with peanut butter in garage to kill a few of the pests! but I am looking for something I can put in the engine bay to deter them from visiting.

I will steam clean my engine bay at the weekend to remove and debris and cook any baby rodents out! (apologies to the tree huggers but it ain't your car!!)

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
What a strange story mate!
Hope it all gets fixed/sorted soon

·
Registered
529 Posts
Have you thought about putting an elephant under the bonnet? elephants are scared of mice so you will know from huge bulges in the bonnet that the mice are still about

Reactions: shabazmo

·
Registered
221 Posts
I had the same problem a few years back. I first noticed little blacks specs in an old pair of walking boots on a shelf then later noticed a mouse ate away a large portion of the engine bay foam insulation on my A4.

I put a mouse trap in the engine bay and caught it first night. turned out to be one single mouse.

You could follow Snowman's advice and get a cat….just remember to take it out of the engine bay before you set off

Reactions: shabazmo

·
Registered
550 Posts
Snow Man, not allowed a pet as per tenancy agreement!

have power washed drive and placed mouse traps with peanut butter in garage to kill a few of the pests! but I am looking for something I can put in the engine bay to deter them from visiting.

I will steam clean my engine bay at the weekend to remove and debris and cook any baby rodents out! (apologies to the tree huggers but it ain't your car!!)
Make sure you get it squeaky clean then! ;-)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts