Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi can anybody clarify what the black styling pack actually consists of. I have just been to see my car I am picking up tomorrow and it has the black roof rails but the grill and window surrounds are chrome, I'm sure the whole purpose of specing the black pack is for the window surrounds and grill to be black.

I haven't spoke my salesman about it yet but was hoping for some advice on what I can do when I go pick it up. Will they have to provide me a courtesy car or what should I expect?

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Definitely the grill and surrounds (window and fog lights) should be black.

Sounds like maybe they ticked the black roof bar option rather than the full black pack...

The link in this post has stopped working but it used to show a good diagram of all that Matt/gloss black bits the pack included;
http://www.myaudiq5.com/index.php?/topic/3129-MY14%20UK%20Brochure

Anyone happen to have the PDF lying around in their downloads folder they could host on Dropbox or something?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Banned
2,240 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I need to go home and make sure it's on my order sheet. If it's is, what would you say is the best thing to do? Was really looking forward to getting it tomorrow been waiting since July.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
They can retrofit easily, accept the delivery on the basis they will order the black pack grill and surrounds and fit them for you FOC.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just checked the order sheet, its on there. Will have to wait and see what they have to say.

Thanks for the quick reply.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I was too late to spec it to my SQ, however I am in contact with dealer about getting retro fitted if I would like it. But i'm going to wait and see what it looks like with all the chrome, if i like it i will keep ;-) They are quoting something much higher than i hoped, something like 600 for it which is a hell of a lot more than the 330 on the configurator. I guess fitting costs too...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm going to have to wait and see what they offer, I was really disappointed to see it without the black pack. I'm not best pleased that they haven't even noticed but I will point it out as soon as I see the car.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Nightmare. That's a shame it looks like it will spoil your excitement upon collection slightly. Fingers crossed they hold their hand's up & offer to fix via retro-fit.

·
Banned
289 Posts
It's a pain, but at least it's a mistake that can be rectified retrospectively. There are a lot of other things that cannot realistically be retro-fitted, but this one should be straightforward.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts

A video of the SQ in Black pack has arrived! For all asking questions here it is

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well went to pick up the car on Thursday and they realised the error before I got there. The sales manager was trying to speak to audi about it. He asked if I would like to take the car and they could come to some arrangement about the price, I told him this isn't the car I wanted and it looks odd with the black roof rails. He was fine with that and advised not to have the black pack retro fitted.

He then went away and came back to me with a new offer, they are ordering me a new one but in the mean time take the one that has come and then do a swap when the new one arrives.

So didn't work out too bad in the end.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Well you are getting a good deal, but it seems insane they are not going to just swap the chrome for black bits... Plenty of people have done it as a home DIY job!!! It's only a few hours work...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I thought they might do that but the sales manager said in his experience it's not good for the seals in the future.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
I guess for the window trims maybe...
The front grill/fogs wouldn't be an issue though.
Either way, you are going to get a car which will have great residuals as effectively it will be 6 months younger when you come to sell it...
Enjoy the interim car in the meantime!

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Well went to pick up the car on Thursday and they realised the error before I got there. The sales manager was trying to speak to audi about it. He asked if I would like to take the car and they could come to some arrangement about the price, I told him this isn't the car I wanted and it looks odd with the black roof rails. He was fine with that and advised not to have the black pack retro fitted.

He then went away and came back to me with a new offer, they are ordering me a new one but in the mean time take the one that has come and then do a swap when the new one arrives.

So didn't work out too bad in the end.
A great result!

·
Banned
289 Posts
That is a good result. And, an expensive mistake for the dealer.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Marvellous result. It would have been all too easy for your dealer just to go ahead and change the window trim without advising you of possible future seal problems. So in the end, well done dealer!

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
But I guess if the order was placed correctly and Audi built it wrong they will be picking up the tab.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts