Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Black Styling Pack
Did you buy or would you consider buying the Black Styling Pack for your chosen colour or is it Chrome for you?
Black Yes 59.80%
Black No713.73%
Blue Yes 00.00%
Blue No713.73%
Grey Yes59.80%
Grey No1019.61%
Silver Yes00.00%
Silver No23.92%
Brown Yes00.00%
Brown No11.96%
Red Yes11.96%
Red No00.00%
White Yes713.73%
White No611.76%

·
Registered
80 Posts
Given all the recent debate on the black styling pack, I thought I would create a simple Poll to provide a bit more evidence to determine if Audi have wasted their time offering it as an option or not.

Apologies but I am limited to 20 options so I have combined the different colours into one basic for each.

Please answer 'Yes' or 'No' regardless of whether you have the black pack option fitted. The Poll is to determine if you like the pack on your choice of SQ5/Q5 colour regardless of whether you have it fitted (You may have changed your mind!).

If you haven't yet bought a SQ5/Q5 your welcome to reply based on what you will/would buy in the future.

I think I know where this will go but it might be interesting.

Reactions: Hectorshouse

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I think it's a really personal thing.

If it were my SQ5/Q5 and I had Black on Black I would happily take it as it gives it a more 'masculine' or 'drug dealer' look (IN MY OPINION
), however if a family car and you want something with a little more elegant then Chrome. For the Grey I have chosen I stuck with chrome due to the fact that it's 1. a family car and 2. Looks better on a Lava grey colour with chrome.

But good luck on your decision, either way it will look good with your spec, just depends what type of 'look' you're going for!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have black pack on phantom black on an Sline Special, looks great when clean but pretty flat when dirty. New one will be grey and no black pack

·
Registered
768 Posts
I've a friend with Daytona Grey and black pack. He took one look at the chrome on my Q5 and regretted his decision (alas).

·
Registered
103 Posts
Collect ours with black pack on Monday! Went for it after the demonstrator we drove had it.

Another family member has exactly the same car but without the black pack and I personally think it looks ordinary. It is all about personal taste though so there can be no correct answer!!

I do keep referring to it as the drug dealer spec to the mrs which doesn't go down too well with her as she is in police forensics!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I ordered mine with the chrome as I thought it looked better with the Daytona grey as black looked a bit bland but as you say everyone to there own.The black looks nice on a white model though and if I had picked white I would have gone for it

Reactions: NICK-C

·
Registered
225 Posts
I ordered mine with the chrome as I thought it looked better with the Daytona grey as black looked a bit bland but as you say everyone to there own.The black looks nice on a white model though and if I had picked white I would have gone for it
I agree, had Daytona with black pack on my previous car and it was...ok...but definitely on the SQ the chrome looks better on a darker colour.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Chrome all day with the estoril...

·
Registered
7 Posts
My last Q5 was Lava Grey with chrome & 20' wheels, this time around I got a Glacier White with black style pack, almost 2 months old. Looks heaps better than the MY13 pack. I'm real happy with the look now I have dark tint windows & removed the front numberplate frame.

Attachments

·
Registered
185 Posts
I originally ordered Phantom Black with black pack..... but swapped right at the last minute and glad I did after seeing a few black Q5's on the road with the chrome finish. Definitely sets itself apart and creates more defining features. The black pack just seems to deaden it a bit..... but each to their own....

Reactions: NICK-C and Snow Man

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Reactions: Snow Man

·
Registered
814 Posts
Personal taste, excepting one fact,
Chrome is best !!
especially on Glacier white

Reactions: Steppy

·
Registered
194 Posts
I love my black pack on glacier white. But..... It was a close run thing.

·
Registered
884 Posts
My salesman tried to convince me that the black pack would be a good combination with Daytona Grey, glad i stuck with the chrome.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Not sure the consensus is black pack on white .......... the vote shows otherwise and I agree. Black outer part but retain the chrome inners would be my choice if available but given its not I prefer the chrome as the all black takes away all the exclusiveness of the SQ5 front.

Reactions: ?? SQ-BEAST ??
1 - 20 of 27 Posts