Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've become all excited about the new toy arriving, and as some of you know, I want to try and create a "black edition". Not to everyone's taste, but I love the stealth look.
Again as some of you know I'm going for charcoal wheels to finish off the black styling pack.
I've been doing a bit of digging, and I wondered if anyone had ever seen an audi with the black rings instead of crome? My friend has an RS4 with them on and I have to say, it looks very nice as he also has the black pack.

opinions? My concern is that i may be going too far and it begin to look a mess.

·
Still Game
4,617 Posts
Years ago, I had a Sierra Cosworth in Graphite grey. I removed the ford blue badges and sprayed to match the car. Probably no one else noticed , but I thought it looked cool.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
found a pic of what Im thinking. Gloss black rings

·
Registered
700 Posts
i tried doing this and spraying them my self, that wasnt the problem, the nightmare was removing the existing rings from the grille, as far as im concerned it cant accually be done with out removing the grille first and to remove that you need to take off front bumper !! i decided to leave well alone.

ps let me know if you find another way or find it easier, i may try again then, all the best with that one !

·
Registered
13 Posts
i blackened my rings last year when i changed my S-Line body kit to Caractere body kit. i blackened the grille too, and as like you, Pseudonym, i like the stealthy approach hehe. even my VW GOlf MK6 emblems are blackened too. i just love it!

·
Registered
529 Posts

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
I want these!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
529 Posts

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ive brought the Gloss Black Ring from ebay Front & Rear yet to fit yet was about £25 for both.

Front apparently clips in & rears just stuck on.

That Plastidip stuff can be brought off ebay i messed about with this stuff ages ago just to try it pretty cool stuff but was or is only matt finish you will need the gloss coat after if tuats the finish your after.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 20 Posts