Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

As the title says i’m trying to find the most cost effective coding app or software, i’m most likely only going to make the changes i want and not use it again.

i’ve ruled the expensive stuff like VCDS and it looks like my options are Carly and OBDeleven and even these seem a little steep for minimal usage.

The features i’m after are:
Mirror Dip on reverse
Gauge needle sweep on startup
Scandinavian Drl (rear Drls always on)
Disable door open alarm

Anyone got any suggestions would be appreciated thanks!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I’m a big fan of Carista, too. Scandinavian DRL settings enabled on my SQ5, which is a 2018 FY model. I can’t speak directly for the 8R model but I was able to set this on my B8 S4, which I think has similar architecture to the 8R Q5.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great to hear! yes I believe it is. I've purchased it now so I'll find out soon enough. I'd imagine any S-Line 8R with the rear led drl's from 2013 onwards will be fine ☺

·
Registered
2014 Audi Q5 8R SE 3.0 tdi
217 Posts
No leds on my SE. Plenty of other options specced tho'. Carista is great used it some. Green menu, needle sweep, ADS and others. I have reversed many options having tried them. But happy to have tried them.
ADS and green menu kept. Start/stop option reversed. Some warning beeps deleted. Bleep for locking/unlocking activated.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ahh that's great! How do you find ADS and how do you yourself generally use it?

I got my adapter today I've enabled everything I wanted so just ADS I'm intrigued with now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts