Gumtree00.00%
WeBuyAnyCar.com00.00%
Local Garage00.00%
Part-Ex00.00%
Other - Please comment110.00%

·
Registered
120 Posts
I started this poll as my Q5 is due shortly and I need to privately sell my current car and wanted to see where people normally sell theirs and any comments on experenices they have had with these companies!

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
I sold the last Q5 on trader - It went in about a week.
Clearly you still have to price it appropriately like anything else - most people over estimate what they believe their car is actually worth (clearly your car is better than anyone else's...)

webuy is a good guide as to the real value of a car - compare that to the dealer offer and work out where it should be.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I too usually part ex due to less hassle. I did one use wewantanycar who provided a significanlty better price than webuyanycar.

·
Banned
489 Posts
Used these a couple of times to sell my car in a separate transaction and avoid 'trade-in' with my new car dealer purchase. Monies transferred to your account before pickup. Both times it's been £300-500 more than 'webuy'.... http://www.sarahcoxcars.co.uk/ They'll also drive you to the dealer straight after if you want.

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
I've always sold through auto trader,with no probs,like snowman said uve got to b realistic on what it's worth ,I don't go by what any guides say,I go by what the rest are up for,and go less than a garage and aim for middle of the private adverts,I've usually obtained well over 5k of a trade in price,so it's worth the punt selling yourself 😄

·
Registered
157 Posts
Sold my previous car privately recently via Autotrader. I tried Pistonheads first but had no interest in 4 weeks. Put it on Autotrader for the same price and sold it in the first week to the first person who came to look at it. Managed to get £3.5k more than what I was offered trade-in (and £2k more than webuyanycar) so the £55 listing price and minimal hassle dealing with private buyers was worth it. As Daza says priced it based on other similar cars rather than what the guides say. I did a spec adjusted Glass valuation on my car with the predicted top end being lower than I sold it for but wasn't a million miles away. Didn't try a CAP valuation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts