Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Q5 came with Goodyear Excellence tyres. Are these the best of longlevity or has some one got experience of better tyres. My interest is in noise reduction, comfort and tyre life.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
+1

My Michelin Latitude Sports that came on the SQ lasted 12,000 miles, on guidance from the forum I switched to Goodyears, they are wearing well.

Reactions: shabazmo

·
Registered
134 Posts
My s line plus came with bridgestone on and after 18500 miles the tread is still on 6mm according to the service technician.
The tyres also get rotated every 10,000 miles aswell even on my last Q5 which had 19 inch wheels they lasted 28000 miles and could have gone more.
But as always it all comes down to your style of driving as everybody drives different.
I would like to put all season tyres on mine when they are due for replacement can anyone recommend a good long lasting tyre.

DCD

·
Registered
768 Posts
I wouldn't put all season tyres on my car...IMO they're a compromise in summer and winter. I'd always advocate summer tyres for + 7 degrees and winter tyres and rims for below that.

·
Registered
596 Posts
My s line plus came with bridgestone on and after 18500 miles the tread is still on 6mm according to the service technician.
The tyres also get rotated every 10,000 miles aswell even on my last Q5 which had 19 inch wheels they lasted 28000 miles and could have gone more.
But as always it all comes down to your style of driving as everybody drives different.
I would like to put all season tyres on mine when they are due for replacement can anyone recommend a good long lasting tyre.

DCD
Advice appreciated; what's the best way of rotating tyres? Is it simply swapping fronts for rears or do you swap off-side for near-side as well.
(For interest, I have Goodyear's on mine. At 7500 miles they seem to be wearing well).

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Contrary to popular practice, I am not in favour of rotating tyres. The reason is that if alignment is out or other geometry problems, they might not come to your notice if you rotate your tyres.

Also interesting to note that the noise levels a in favour of Goodyear Excellence 70db. Bridgestone Dueller 71db. Michelin Latitude 72db. Fuel is E and wet grip is B for all 3 tyres

·
Registered
348 Posts
I am extremely happy with the Goodyears; done 25.000 miles and they are still far from replacement

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Carrot, are your tyres 20". I did not think F1 SUV came in the 255 45 20 size

·
Registered
469 Posts
I wouldn't put all season tyres on my car...IMO they're a compromise in summer and winter. I'd always advocate summer tyres for + 7 degrees and winter tyres and rims for below that.
Same here Hector.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have got the Bridgestone's on my Q5 (20") and the fronts were replaced at around 32k miles and the rears do have a bit of life in them at nearly 37k miles.

No noisier than any of the others and a decent amount of grip.

Oh, I'm not know for being gentle and kind on my cars, so the fact that have lasted so long is a big plus point.

Very happy with them and wouldn't change them for another brand.

J

·
Registered
214 Posts
I got 38K out of Pirelli scorpion Verdi and that includes my wife racing to traffic lights and slamming on!

and I replaced them with Pirelli as they are pretty good boots

·
Registered
814 Posts
My Q5 came with Goodyear Excellence tyres. Are these the best of longlevity or has some one got experience of better tyres. My interest is in noise reduction, comfort and tyre life.
I was very happy to see Goodyears on mine when I collected it 1 year/10,500 miles ago. And still am, looking good!

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Best is subjective (as most things are) Goodyear, Pirelli - the main brands.
I don't like michelin as they tend to have more road noise.

The black circles website has rating ons for you to make a trade off decision.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Has anyone tried Vredstein Ultrac in 20"? They seem to have pretty decent reviews and the price is decent!

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I reckon the Goodyears on mine are good for around 40,000 miles to the legal limit.

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Has anyone tried Vredstein Ultrac in 20"? They seem to have pretty decent reviews and the price is decent!
Had them in 21", very good grip and wear,and road noise minimal ????

Reactions: neebsta

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'm running these they are great, had them on the wife's A3 to.

Reactions: neebsta
1 - 20 of 35 Posts