Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm just in the process of purchasing my first Q5 and have a couple of questions for those of you more knowledgable than I.

1. Is there a radical redesign expected in the next couple of years? I know the current version is in its 4th / 5th year but they generally to a major refresh every 8 or 9 years right?

2. If there are any Aussie's here, does the MMI system (with wifi hotspot) work in Australia?

3. Does the Alcantara interior age well?

Thanks in advance guys!

Abie

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hello abie and welcome to the forum,
The range in which a new car is redesigned is normally around the 5 year mark when a brand new model is introduced to the market.
As for the alcantara i have it in my Q5 and i think it wears alot better and is more comfortable than leather as i find leather tends to tarnish and look dated after a couple of years but it is down to personal preference.
The mmi system should work worldwide but you could check with audi customer services to confirm but i would be suprised if it does not.
Anyway good luck and i hope you get the vehicle you want.

DCD

·
Still Game
4,619 Posts
Agree with DCD: Alcantara does not age as quickly or sag like leather. More importantly in Aus, it does not heat up in the sun and burn your ass.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Gday Abie, unfortunately audi australia has not released audi connect in the Q5 yet
I have the alcantara and so far its great, I was worried about the wear and tear but have been told by many that it doesnt sag and have the tarnished look.

In australia the MY13 has just been released so expected it to last another 3-4 years before another major shape change.

Let us know if you need any info for pricing around australia

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wow! Thanks for the quick feedback!

I might as well continue with a couple more questions then...

** Background info** I'm looking at the Q5 3.0 TDI MY13 S-Line with Alcantara interior, 19" alloys, Open Sky sun roof & Flat bottom steering wheel.

1. Will it have the Audi start stop system (I think that's what it's called)? I tried it in the A4 but didn't notice it in the MY12 Q5 I test drove.

2. Am I overpaying at $85,000 AUD? If so, how much should I be pushing for?

Thanks again guys!

Abie

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hello abie,
Depends who you are buying the Q5 from is it a main dealer or a broker either way at the moment in the uk you can push to get between 5% and 10% discount an a new model but it may be different in australia if there is a short supply of vehicles available new or used which can mean the car holds its value better.

DCD

·
Registered
292 Posts
Gday Abbie,

1. The 3.0TDI MY13 which I just picked up 2 weeks ago does have start stop as standard,
2. For the specs you are asking the s line package 2, interior and exterior comes with 20inch standard.
3. Price you should be looking at is around 85k-90k, the RRP and specs you are asking should come to around 97k.

Abbie which state are you from ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the help / info everyone!

I ended up paying $81k which I hope is pretty good - I'm in Sydney shireguy.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Congrats ! And well done on the price !! very good price for 81k, What specs did you end up getting ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks! I ended up getting the MY13 Q5 3.0 TDI S-Line with sunroof and flat botton steering wheel in Monsoon Grey / Alcantara interior. I guess it's pretty similar to the one you have on order.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Well done, Well i'm enjoying the ride and its sure does go fast
and the Daytona Grey is a standout
When do you take delivery ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts