Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just had a call from the broker dealing with my SQ though East Kent Audi he tells me the car is being build on the 15th October. I agreed the car and price on the 3rd June car was ordered 5th June.
So there still might be some hope for some who have been given next year dates.

Since then I've added the 21" wheels (because nearly every one you see in photo's have got them fitted) and I don't expect to change this car for a least a couple of years unlike this one I've had only since March, also the hill hold, again because nearly everyone on here as said its a must have option and for £65 you can't go to wrong, after all that's a round of drinks in my pub, well on a Sunday that is.

Now a question - do you think if all goes to plan that it might be ready for Friday the 1st of November for hand over at the dealers? It's not is it.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
You just never know, 2-4 weeks for delivery.
You won't know until its hit the dealers - many delays can happen between build complete and coming off the back of the transporter.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I had a build date for a sq5 last week in may it only arrived at the dealer on the towards the end of August. From my experience of Audi only when you here the car is built and at the docks can you be sure when your getting it

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah know what you mean Snow Man. It is a bit tight, so long as there is no damage when it hits the dealers i have to accept that if its a little later nothing I can do. It would have just been nice to have picked it up on a Friday and had all the weekend with it.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not that encouraging vagas2002 but thanks for you're input, does seem one hell of a time from build to delivery, but I guess there are problems that so far in my purchase of Audi cars I've not experienced, I'm hoping that's still going to be the case with this one.

I will keep all informed on how it pans out.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
We have been given a build week 44; i think thats mid-end October so similar to yours Bonzoboy. So 2-4 weeks until on our driveway I'm guessing that will be beginning to mid-Novemberish then? Not long now! Let the count down begin...

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hi all, just had a call from the broker dealing with my SQ though East Kent Audi he tells me the car is being build on the 15th October. I agreed the car and price on the 3rd June car was ordered 5th June.
So there still might be some hope for some who have been given next year dates.
That's great news Bonzoboy - Really happy for you! I ordered three weeks after you and my last update (three weeks ago) was March next year! I might contact my dealer tomorrow to see if I have been lucky enough to get a build week. Let the countdown begin!

·
Registered
253 Posts
We have been given a build week 44; i think thats mid-end October so similar to yours Bonzoboy. So 2-4 weeks until on our driveway I'm guessing that will be beginning to mid-Novemberish then? Not long now! Let the count down begin...
When did your order get accepted Ray.afzal?

·
Still Game
4,619 Posts
My SQ5 was delivered ahead of schedule .................... Cross your fingers and toes. Hope for the best and plan for the worst.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Well we ordered and paid deposit back in June 8th ish for a dealer demo car and only received build date 3 weeks ago for it.
Surely your's must have been bumped forward to end of this year/early next year? March seems very late! Best of luck, let us know how the call goes.

Missile we have that all planned :) Any later than the date they gave us and we demand a loan car!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi ray that's great news for you too, like you I can't wait, seems silly getting all excited about a car seeing I've had a few, but that's boy's and they toy's for yer haha.

G dog thanks for that and I defo would have a word with your dealer, three weeks between yours and my order and an extra 3/4 months you have got to wait just doesn't seem right or fair.

missile thanks for the encouraging input. My guy seems to think it should be with the dealer by the - quote " end of Octoberish" but I not holding him to that, as Snow Man said things can go wrong and by vagas2002 post it can.

Anyway it won't be much longer fingers crossed.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Ray.afzal - build week 44 for me too.
Dealership's view is that we should factor in a bit of flex for any unforeseen issues, so is predicting 4-6 weeks for shipping to the UK.
So, if lady luck's on my side it could be late November delivery, but realistically I'm expecting 1st or 2nd week in December.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ordered right at the end of July. Just been told by dealer to expect it in Q2, but can't confirm until January
. I had been previous told Q1 which was a long time, but about average on this board,so no problem.

Sheer demand excuse being used doesn't ring true with me. This means they were operating near capacity during a downturn and now there has been a global blip in demand they can't cope. Very least forecasting dept should be sacked and be given jobs with the met office, where there forecasting skills will be put to better use!

Keep the order dates and build date info coming. Good info for challenging dealer.

·
Still Game
4,619 Posts
In my experience once you have a confirmed build date, Audi do keep to their schedule. Some of their dealers appear to be the weak link, giving unrealistic promises and half truths. Sometimes it may suit a dealer to delay your delivery and blame it on circumstances beyond their control. IMHO 4-6 week shipping is taking the pizz and a PDI should take no more than a day.

·
Registered
101 Posts
The delivery and build dates are totally dependent as it seems from dealer to dealer depending on their allocation given to them. Some are given more allocation than others. If they have used there's up then the order from them is a much longer wait. Also as mentioned above depends on when your order was actually submitted and then more importantly accepted. Just because a deposit was paid on a certain day does not mean it was accepted.

Unless your lucky to have yours brought forward because of a cancellation then happy days.

·
Still Game
4,619 Posts
Another way a good dealer can help his customers is to pre-order vehicles and swop stock with other dealers. I can understand why some are reluctant to do this. A dealer who demands a sizeable deposit clearly does not have his clients interests as his priority and I would look elsewhere. It takes time to build a relationship with a dealer and it works both ways.

·
Registered
101 Posts
As you guys now I had to cancel my order and I am still struggling to get my £1000 deposit back even though they have told me several times it will be done that day! Just goes to show that customer service is only good when they have your order!!!! Tbh it was not that great throughout as I had to do all the chasing to find out what was going on to then be told the dealer was only a sub dealer.

It will be worth the wait though guys and stick with it but we had to bail out due to family issues and our pending car situation...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Received the call and got the deposit back. Incidentally while I was there the dealer received the build date that would have been mine that was given to another person in the que! Oh and guess what? My order was July, provisional date of January for delivery and the build given while I was there is a date of June 2014 (I am sure he said either week 22 or 24!!!!)

OMG that would have been a 11 month wait and the date of June 2014 is still not confirmed as definite, only provisional!!!!!

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Thats just how the system works, provisional (technical name is scheduled) is what EVERYONE gets when an order is placed. The order is only confirmed 4 weeks before build. At that point no changes are allowed to the spec.

·
Registered
325 Posts
East Kent are inchcape. I ordered my car via inchcape nearly 2 months before you and I'm still scheduled for March... Or 11 months!!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 132 Posts