Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Haven't been on as much lately, very busy at work etc. but hoping will be back on this summer helping out etc.

SQ5 been driving like a dream recently...really starting to love the car and been doing a lot more motorway/country driving around Hertfordshire near family so really testing the car's limits out. Sound as usual is phenomenal, sounds beasty and the growl is just surreal!
Performance is always good fun! was driving home from Watford late Saturday night last week and a couple of 'drunk' drivers were out. The SQ5 cruises past them effortlessly, always funny when you get the idiots trying to race in their VW Polo's from 1995 or whatever...bye bye!

Interior quality is lovely, still has the new car smell from the leather and in love with the FB steering wheel.

A couple of problems that may have cropped up:
- Motorway road noise - don't do that much long distance motorway but occasionally gets a little loud when going XXXmph

- Wing mirrors - they're so bloody huge that they give you a blind spot right next to the car, very close to scratching the car up a few times...
- B&O Sound system - great quality when on SD card, but seems temperamental when on radio and bluetooth.

These are petty problems though!

Last night took the car down to the Dorchester and had it valet'd (pricey but part of the whole 'celebrity' experience), when the other guests arrived they mentioned that they parked our car up front....obviously took a photo:

Looks good up with the Porsche's and Bentley's! Was an R8 too and Lambo parked nearby. Felt special...

Son's got an instagram page with 3000 follower's or what not so he's been editing a lot of photos to put on there of the SQ:

That's it for now! All the best and look forward to taking the beast out even more this summer for some country cruises...

Ray

·
Registered
952 Posts
Nice read Ray, glad you're still loving the car. Mine is great too, had it about 6 weeks now.

Also had a 60 mile round trip in the GTD today which is a longer drive than usual as my commute is only 8 miles each way. It's also an incredibly capable car and 55mpg is not to be complained about as I wasn't driving like a granny.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Re the blind spot, I have the same problem on my current Q5, I find the combination of the pillar and the door mirror do create quite a big blind spot. I sit quite far back and as low as the seat will go so might be accentuated by my driving position. My local tescos has a pedestrian crossing just after a sharp right bend and I nearly hit someone who was coming from the right.

Car looks lovely, I am hoping mine will be with me in a month or so, the wait is killing me.

Is the Porsche yours too? Number plate is OFZ.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the comments guys. Appreciate it!

Glad you're still loving both your cars davyk . Two cool cars you have...very nippy.

Big Mac - thanks a lot, and keep patient mate the wait is worth it! And no haha Porsche isn't our one. Looked good though!

Jathanas - ahah so true!

8tec - thanks mate

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks mate!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts