Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
I removed the front license plate holder to see how it looks like with the front grill fully visible.
Besides the gray part in the middle it makes the nose look more massive.
Not much more to do this Sunday

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
I removed the front license plate holder to see how it looks like with the front grill fully visible.
Besides the gray part in the middle it makes the nose look more massive.
Not much more to do this Sunday

Do you need a front plate in Belgium?

·
Registered
700 Posts
Looks a lot better in all fairness, shuv the plate in the windscreen and say it fell off !!!!You do see that here now and again for those who cant be bothered!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes we do need a front license plate in Belgium, and unfortunately they are using the big official (reflecting) ones now.
Until some years ago it was allowed to just put on a little sticker with your combination, so you could put that down the bumper on the side (like many alfa romeo 156 owners did at that time)
The US owners will be happy, they don't need a front license plate; certainly the new S8 looks great on the US review videos on youtube

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Looks a lot better in all fairness, shuv the plate in the windscreen and say it fell off !!!!You do see that here now and again for those who cant be bothered!
They are clamping down on this practice. Loads of the modified car scene do it, but a lot of members of the club I run are getting pulled up for it now, whereas the 5-0 used to turn a blind eye to it.

Defo looks better without it though. The US guys are lucky that they can get away with it.

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
That looks so much better,and far more aggressive ,ready to eat any motor in front of it,my mates done the same on his cyanne jeep,he gets odd pull,but is always polite and explains he's just had a new bumper fitted,and gets away with it,lol

·
Registered
24 Posts
The US owners will be happy, they don't need a front license plate; certainly the new S8 looks great on the US review videos on youtube
Unfortunately about half the states still require them. For those that do it creates another way for them to ticket us and collect taxpayer revenue.

Looks outstanding without the plate Robin.

·
Registered
433 Posts
In the UK if you are caught with an illegal plate you are fined 100 pounds per plate, my son was caught with a small one one his bike at the weekend 100 pound fine.
I looked at the Q5 grill and I cannot take off the plate holder as the chrome is not complete from top to bottom,

·
Registered
2 Posts
Greetings from a USA guy that wants to remove the front plate frame that came with my sq5... bought this week. So I'm concerned about revealing unsightly screw holes if I remove it. Should I be? Any plugs I can get to dress the holes? Thanks!

·
Registered
62 Posts
There will be holes--apologies if I misread your question and am stating the obvious. I've seen a post elsewhere where someone used black electrical tape or vinyl within the grooves (all the way from one side of the grill to the other) to hide the holes. I haven't seen anything more localized like plugs. You can order the plate-free grill as an option if you do a factory order. I very nearly did because front plate-lessness in Washington is semi-permissable, but then I changed my mind and figured why give cops another reason to want to pull me over.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Paint the grey bits black, leaving the chrome strips in between, and it will look excellent

Reactions: ?? SQ-BEAST ??
1 - 11 of 11 Posts