Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I got internal information from an Audi dealer that Audi is limiting its warranty on engine and gearbox till 250 times using launch control.

The computer counts the number of times you use launch control and when you exceed 250 times, the warranty on engine and gearbox is no longer valid

I don't know if that is actually true in general, but for those who use it a lot, verify with your dealer please...

·
Registered
61 Posts
How is launch control activated? Floor it in sport? Or is there a button to press?

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Interesting as there is no indicator to make the driver aware 'ready to launch' and the procedure is pretty much mash both pedals, so not sure what it is using to trigger an LC launch record on the ECU...
250 is a big number though, I expect I'll use it less than 50 times in the 3-4 years I will have the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
700 Posts
Thats strange, as you say there is no Launch control buton and the book doesnt mention any warranty issues, Surely if they have decided to go down that route they will need to inform all those whohave purchased one to cover them selves.

I will ask one of the service guys when next in.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Would be difficult for Audi to enforce I suspect? Having documented a capability subsequently stating that it's use-limited would be a bit odd. Maybe Audi are banking on the idea that the novelty will wear off for most drivers?

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
I'd guess it will be based on the wear and tear clause.
When i was looking through the system i cant see anything is recorded directly, but i wasn't looking for it directly.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I havent tried it yet and if and when i do i guess it will be 3 or 4 goes and thats it. I love the thought that theres instant power available more than actually putting it to use if that makes sense.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts