Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Simple answer - yes. Here is a long/old thread on it http://www.myaudiq5.com/index.php/topic/870-bang-and-olufsen/

I studied Acoustical Engineering and can tell you its a great system for a few hundred pounds. The clarity and balance is excellent.

The main 'complaint' that people have is it is not loud/bassy enough - I assure you that unless you have a hearing problem it is plenty loud enough!
It goes up to 34, and the loudest I have it is about 28 - if the Mrs is in the car she gets grumpy over about 23.
The B&O has the 'right' amount of bass - so if you are into Drum n' Bass then maybe the Audi system would fit that type of listener better - but I listen to a wide range of music (including some Drum n' Bass) and it sounds just fine to me!

The Audi system that comes as standard is pretty good, but its no B&O!

·
Registered
292 Posts
The Audi system that comes as standard is pretty good, but its no B&O!
Right on, its well balanced and clarity is great ! but then again, everyone has a different set of ears

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Like with most things, you get people on both sides of the fence.
Best thing is to visit a dealer and try the two different setups out.

It's not the fantastic system you get in the higher models, but remember how much you are paying for it!

·
Banned
842 Posts
I've never understood the "its not loud enough" its an awesome bit of kit for the money in my honest opinion.

Its where I listen to the vast majority of my music so it makes sense to have a good system in the car for me...

·
Registered
529 Posts
Good sound but the default level is to low for me and the noise increase system (cant think what its called at the mo) just doesn't work AT ALL

·
Registered
9 Posts
Can't comment on B&O, but the standard system in the Q5 is very good and much better than sound systems I've had in any previous non Audi cars.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I like the B&O system and am glad I have it. The sound is clear and rich to my ears and although I understand the comments about the loudness, I find it loud enough for me.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Its plenty loud enough , I do notice it's better and louder through sd card use rather than ami !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts