Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just traded my 12 plate q5 143 manual for a 13 plate 177 s line plus auto. I wish I had gone auto ages ago takes the driving experience to another level just so much easier. Highly recommend an auto if you've never tried it. Absolutely love this car

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Congrats mate enjoy and many happy miles! If you get the chance try chuck up some photos!

Reactions: Sparky4591

·
Registered
469 Posts
Just traded my 12 plate q5 143 manual for a 13 plate 177 s line plus auto. I wish I had gone auto ages ago takes the driving experience to another level just so much easier. Highly recommend an auto if you've never tried it. Absolutely love this car
I am the in the opposite position. Persuaded, against my better judgement, to go auto when last generation A6 Avant launched as quattro manual not in production. Regretted it almost from day 1 and bought a manual next time around which was a far superior driving experience and transformed a good car into an excellent one which I kept it for ages until I bought the Q5. Decision to buy Q5 was largely influenced by the fact that it is one of the few reasonably powerful UK spec Audi quattros available with manual transmission. S3 & A5 too small and have insufficient ground clearance for my needs.
Wouldn't it be dull if we all liked the same thing!

·
Registered
550 Posts
Congrats on the new car.

I've also made the switch from manual to auto with my new car. Its nit the first auto I've driven but the first I've owned. I'm not sue if i'll ever go back to manual again now.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Similar to Dogzbody, I don't think I'd go back to a manual again. The Q5 auto box is great, especially in heavy traffic, cruising and for overtaking.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Hear hear. First auto I've owned and would be surprised if I went back to a manual. In fact, one of the reasons I'm now not rushing to buy an S1 is the fact it's only available in manual.

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
My 1st BMW waz mania ,then my mate persuaded me to go auto on the next BMW and I've Neva looked back, even got snow auto van,it's just so much easier ,and if u want the fun of a manual the paddles are there,auto all the way 😄

·
Registered
4 Posts
25years of manual but now that I am north of 40, auto all the way (still got a 383ci hardcore V8 Chevy for the occasional fine days in the UK though)

·
Registered
469 Posts
My 1st BMW waz mania ,then my mate persuaded me to go auto on the next BMW and I've Neva looked back, even got snow auto van,it's just so much easier ,and if u want the fun of a manual the paddles are there,auto all the way ������
See your point but flappy paddles very different to driving a manual. As I said all a matter of personal preference. Never mind 40, I'm north of 50 and still have a functioning left leg.

Reactions: ?? SQ-BEAST ??
1 - 9 of 9 Posts