Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have the new my q5 models changed the settings re the handbrake application, we had a manual q5 back in 2008 for the weekend and missus nearly crashed coming to pick me up, switched off the ignition and got out and walked away and car began to move, she had forget to apply the brake.

Our current car which will go soon an Evoque comes with this feature when you switch off the ignition, (so long as your stationary obviously), as we will probably only get a manual I see this as an important consideration. I guess specing the auto hold answers this, I think I may have answered my own question but keen to have your views.

·
Registered
768 Posts
As a previous Evoque owner, I've got to say that automatically going into park when you press the engine stop button was a great feature.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I have had the handbrake auto apply on a couple of ocassions, but I am not sure of the circumstances. I think I opened the drivers door with the engine running and the selector in neutral which made the engine stop and the handbrake apply automatically, but I'm not 100% on that.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I think seatbelts might be the answer - it is not possible to engage automatic handbreak without seatbelts fastened, so in consequence handbreak is not applied when switching off ignition and leaving the car.

·
Registered
706 Posts
If you use HHA, then turning the ignition off autoamtically applies the handbrake. I have an auto so, I guess its not a problem.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
It seems that shifting the auto to P, and turning off the ignition auto applies the handbrake.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
The Q5 isn't equipped with the 'fall apart/need to visit a useless LR dealer between routine servicing' feature but I'm sure you will cope..............

Reactions: Hectorshouse
1 - 12 of 12 Posts