Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Yesterday parked the Q5 in the garage head first locked the car and then closed the garage door, electric operation. Went to the garage later at night and found I couldnt open the garage door tried twice. Hence entered the garage from the back door and found to my dismay the tail gate boot had opened and stuck againt the garage door, only damage to the Q was 4 small paint chips on the edge and the garage door bent.

The only thing I can think of here I must have pressed the key fobe in my pocket to open the boot/tail gate.

Does anyone know how to disable this function as I cannot see it in the book, or I may just have to reverse in to prevent damage.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
It will be possible to disable with VAGCOM, but not aware of a way to do it in MMI.
As it is causing damage I expect you will be able to sweet talk your dealer into making the change for you.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jose I wil try them and see what the outcome is.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I had a similar issue but with the auto open feature on the windows and sunroof. Must have pressed the key in my pocket, looked out the window at work and saw all the windows open and sunroof open. This one you can disable in mmi though. Be careful of keys in pockets if you are close to the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts