Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could swear that my headlamp washers activated on their own the other night! It was raining (now there's a surprise) and i had been parked. When i drove away with wipers on auto i saw a couple of bursts of water jets in the headlights. Anyone experienced this or is my imagination getting the better of me? Link here showing how they look (not very ofter that you get a chance to see them in action)

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
That's Robin T's vid, one of the SQ owners on here from Belgium... I think they look so cute popping out!

I've never had them go on their own - I have used them and had someone coming the other way think I was signalling them some way as the light was blocked twice in a row - I guess as if I switched dipped/side/dipped/side at them.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
never happened to me.
they can be tripped when using the rear wiper - you flick it off too hard and you get squirted.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Are these lights really flashing or is it just the video?

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Are these lights really flashing or is it just the video?
The the frame rate of the video being similar to the Hz the lights run at.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I never noticed the sprayers operate automatically with only the wipers on, but as soon as you even slightly pull the wiper handle to activate the front windscreen screen sprayer, also the headlights are sprayed. Maybe you touched the wiper handle very briefly but enough to activate the headlight sprayers

Personally I feel that the headlights are sprayed too often, emptying the reservoir quickly

·
Registered
884 Posts
I think it has happened on mine once, I will keep an eye on it and report back.

·
Registered
116 Posts
honestly what is the point of the headlight washer with no wiper blades - It only makes the headlight murky

·
Registered
263 Posts
Looks like they are an option on the new Q5 in the light and vision pack.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I never noticed the sprayers operate automatically with only the wipers on, but as soon as you even slightly pull the wiper handle to activate the front windscreen screen sprayer, also the headlights are sprayed. Maybe you touched the wiper handle very briefly but enough to activate the headlight sprayers

Personally I feel that the headlights are sprayed too often, emptying the reservoir quickly
Totally agree, my Caravelle has them and I wish they could be turned off separately.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts