Heads will roll for that one I expect.

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Well q5's good,disappointed that the others aren't

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
But again everyone has gone for the default position of Audi lies?
firstly who are the alleged Audi? A dealer is not Audi, they are an independent business.

People,(like on here) simply assume a position based on what they think, not on facts.
Should they have looked and got the answer yes. if they went away and then came back with a 5 answer, then i will concede they have lied, but its a big jump from a sales person believing something to a lie (no better than a lie i grant you, but not deliberate just mis-informed).

The real answer (IMO) is they don't know, they just assumed - I've not looked in the book to see if they claim anything but this (to me) is a case of
"disappointing to find out that the information is not being filtered down". Regardless of what NCAP says, the number of people who look at the rating is low. the number that would walk away from a car based on the number even lower. clearly NCAP want to prompt safety and get more cars test (presumably for the fees involved too). i didn't know, but i would have also assumed all my cars carried a 5. I still would have bought the even if the rating was a 1.

Myopic.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Your right Snowman, it wouldn't stop me either from buying a vehicle i like. Audi obviously do their own testing however as for their dealer being Independent business's, they are selling Audi products and only Audi products! Therefore they should know and especially so on something that involves safety

Reactions: ?? SQ-BEAST ??

·
Registered
952 Posts
Assuming something and not knowing the truth nor taking the time to find out is pretty dishonest to me. And how do we know that they did not actually know the truth.

·
Registered
952 Posts
48 out of 50 not knowing they were just making an assumption is pretty poor in anyone's book.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Most car salesman I've dealt with know very little about the products they sell, there are exceptions but they are few and far between. Wouldn't be surprised if this was just lack of knowledge and assumption on the part of the salesman and I'd expect the same to be true for plenty of other non Audi dealerships. Certainly wouldn't have put me off buying an Audi but not good for Audi's reputation regardless of whether it is intentional lies/lack of knowledge etc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts