Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been checking out wheel and tyre storage bags for my summer wheels which are 255/45 R20 (the offroad design). Although the Audi merchandise site state their large bags fit Q5, they don't actually specify the size (part number 4F0071156A). Any idea please if they'd fit my wheels with tyres? Thanks a lot ....

·
Registered
433 Posts
They fit the 20's nae problem.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. Will go ahead then and buy.

·
Registered
433 Posts
They should be free with the tyre package, the bags are marked in relation to the car wheel by diagram.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks DD. I wondered about that. I asked Aberdeen Audi to put them with my winter wheel package for collection tomorrow. But they can just place them back in stock. I can then buy you a pint out of the £25 saving!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Thanks Hector, I dont drink now medical reasons, just trying to save you some cash, I think I will change onto my winters this weekend also as the nights are getting colder.
I keep a note of the miles the summer and winter tyres have done, also I keep the tyre depths, just habit for me.

Reactions: Hectorshouse

·
Registered
433 Posts
Hector,
Did you get your tyre bags free?

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hector,
Did you get your tyre bags free?
Yes DD got them free, thanks. As you state, it'll take a wee while to get used to the 17", especially the look of the car. Didn't realise how heavy the summer 20" are until I moved them around today. Anyway better safe than sorry. It was -2.5 c this morning, so timing was right for the change.

·
Registered
433 Posts
That's good, I am changing mine this weekend, good idea to record the miles of the tyres. I checked the depth last year on my summers and all tyres were of equal depth.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
961 miles on the summer tyre. 8mm depth on the winters. Thanks for the tips. HH

1 - 11 of 11 Posts