Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the telephone number / email address for Audi UK?

As I reported in another thread here, the owners user manual showing pictures of the fuse array is not the same as the actual fuse array as it exists.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I have reported many errors in the handbook to them. to say they are less then interested is putting it mildly.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have just had the most lunatic conversation with Audi customer support. I sent them a copy of the pages from the owners manual showing pictures and a description of the fuse arrays and I sent a photo of the actual fuse array. Their reply was that the pictures and description in the manual are 'generic' and do not relate to any particular Q5, that Q5's are constructed differently for different models and for different countries but there's only one manual which may or may not relate to any particular car! So the 3 pages describing in detail with absolute clarity without any equivocation on where the fuses are and which fuse relates to what could in fact be replaced by one sentence saying "there are fuses in the car." For that matter the manual could be replaced with a picture of a car and a sentence "this is a car, you own a car and here is a list of things that might be in you car."

He referred me to a web site erwin.audi.co.uk where I can PAY, yes PAY to search and POSSIBLY find the fuse configuration for my car. I registered with the site and after 30 minutes formed the view that it would take me a week to find it if it is there.

DISGRACEFUL

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
if i'm honest i'm struggling to see what the issue is.
What is it you are looking for? the fuses should be all listed in terms of functions - agree in terms of generic pictures being used.

What are you trying to do?

·
Registered
150 Posts
if i'm honest i'm struggling to see what the issue is.
What is it you are looking for? the fuses should be all listed in terms of functions -
They should and they are not.

Regardless of what I want to do, I expect that an owners manual which goes into 3 pages of detailed description of where the fuse arrays are, what they look like and which fuse does what, should be the fuse arrays in my car but they are not, the fuse arrays shown and the description given is for that of some other car. There explanation is that the pictures shown are there simply to show you what a fuse array might look like and the description given is given just to show what a description of afuse array might look like and if I want to know which fuse does what in my car I must spend a day searching a web site a 5 euros an hour.

Does that explain "what the issue is?"

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Frankly I'd escalate to someone senior in Audi UK.
I will.
They don't realise that they're dealing with someone who is retired and has got all day and every day to get satisfaction. My first phone call will be at 9am in the morning and the last one will be when they close for business!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Stick to your guns. Audi assume that their "typical" customer never reads the manual and calls the breakdown service if there is a problem. Both the car manual and the MMI manual are riddled with errors or omissions or in some cases are just plan wrong. As I said when I contacted Audi just after getting my Q5 they could not have been less interested. They worry about the customer experience in their dealers and constantly check that but when it comes closer to home it seems they could not care less.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
I have had BMW reprint their whole 1 Series brochure because it claimed the convertible came with a boot-lid spoiler on the 135i - but it is only for the coupe. And on the SQ5 the wading depth it turns out was purposely printed as the same as the ground clearance as they did not have real tested figures yet. These are brochures not manuals I know, but by shouting loudly and constantly I got both companies to get the situation sorted (£1000 refund on the BMW and the actual wading depth for the SQ5).
Just give them hell until you get what you want. I took some satisfaction from knowing I had helped a number of other owners etc get the information they should have had in the first place.

For your reading pleasure here is an except from the email I sent to my Audi dealership...
"I was looking at the brochure online and noticed it has been updated in the couple of weeks since I last looked at it…
Link here, and also attached. http://www.audi.co.u...ecGuides/q5.pdf

On page 75 the SQ5 off-road capabilities have been updated to mention the wading depth and other max/mins (this page was previously not present when I looked a couple of weeks ago). However, it looks like a typo on the wading depth as 170mm seems very shallow and also is coincidently the same as the ground clearance!
As my other half's Mini can do 300mm I am assuming it should say 470mm (as the 'S' suspension is 30mm lower than standard)?
They have also put the grey 'Options' bar down the right side in error, presumably where they copied page 73 as a template - frankly it looks like they got an intern to update the doc and no-one checked their work!
Hopefully Audi haven't sent these to print like the BMW brochures I pointed out a problem for them in!"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts