Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

New to the forum and I am looking at ordering the SQ5.

Have been offered a PCP deal of £612pm for 48 months and 22k miles per year with a 2k deposit. No options so far as I am 'testing the water' but got about 5k in options I would like to add. For full maintenance with tyres it's £160pm extra.
From peoples experience does this sound like a good deal and is the maintenance worth it?
Has anyone managed to get any options 'thrown in'?

Also what sort of MPG are you getting? I usually take about 20% off manufacturers combined so expecting about 33mpg, sound about right?

Thanks very much,
Nick

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Welcome!

See my sig for realistic MPG... 33mpg is possible if you do longer runs most of the time (you can get 40mpg on a long run without trying), but expect below 30 if you like to give it the beans and/or do 50%+ town driving.

Discount-wise - aim for 8%, settle for 6% based on the last few deals people have reported on here. Long lead times are keeping discounts LOW! Having said that, in the last few weeks lead times do seem to be improving slightly - what are you being estimated by the dealer?
Also - look at brokers, carwow, carfile, drivethedeal, orangewheels - easy way to get the above discount without the bun fight with the dealer.

You can get accessories and other service thrown in free - for example, I got dog guard and Audi Asset Protection (fancy GAP insurance). If you want/need things like this its an easy way to get discount - they hate taking money off the car, but are happy to do it on extras (not including factory options...).

·
Registered
952 Posts
As Jose says aim for about 8% discount and it will be about right.
And tick plenty of option boxes, think I got to 8k in options

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Jose,

Thanks for your reply.

The dealer mentioned about 4 months wait, which if I can get a cheap rental in the meantime to save more deposit is fine (although I will want it now!) Maybe they can offer me a long term loan FOC until it arrives haha!

I believe the figure he gave for the car was £41207 but not sure if that includes a discount or just my 2k deposit and I am sure their first quote will not be the best price so hoping I can haggle a bit more.
I have heard some people have managed to get a couple of services free so if I could that may bring the maintenance price down a bit. I am hoping for £800 a month (or less) with the 5k worth of options and maintenance including.

I do a lot of motorway & dual carriageway miles so hoping the MPG will be around 33. I used to get 39 from the A5 and the claimed was 49mpg.

Once I have confirmation from the insurers they are definitely paying out (last I heard they were) I will hopefully get this sorted ad ordered.

Thanks,
Nick

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks mate,

I did go a bit tick happy with my A5 about 7.5k but I need to be more reserved this time, got to about 5k so far, although I do love the 21" wheels so was thinking of sacrificing the colour and going with Solid Black and having the wheels!

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
If you build your car on the online configurator and see what the price is you can compare to the price the dealer gave you - I would suggest that they have not given any discount unless you asked (in which case you will get the obligatory £500 token offer to start with).

Also - don't be afraid to go to a few local dealers - some are just totally closed to doing a deal, others are welcoming, friendly and willing to do business. Where are you based - I expect a few members will be able to recommend a dealer near by that is of the 'type 2'!?

In terms of options, absolute musts are;
Tech Pack High (expensive but contains A LOT of required things - NO ONE has an SQ5 on here without it).
Hill Hold Assist (only £65 and makes it much nicer to drive in stop/start traffic)
Audi Drive Select (actually lets you change the exhaust note on/off all the time, otherwise you only get it when the gearbox is in 'S' - don't confuse this option with the related, but not a must Dynamic Steering)

Other than that the rest I would say are personal preference. Post on here when you have an idea of which options and you'll be able to get the real world advice on which are worth it, and also how some of them work/interact with each other - it's a bit of a minefield. Hopefully having had a loaded A5 you will know what a lot of them do though.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Re MPG, my SQ5 was delivered on 1 March, 2 days ago, and just tootling around I have achieved 36 MPG in first 100 miles. Very pleasantly surprised but you will appreciate it hasn't been floored yet, indeed far fron it.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers, I did build it online and it came to 50k but the price the dealer gave was for the standard car as I wanted to see if it was in the ball park of where I estimated. I am guessing as he said 41207 that is probably the list price less my deposit and the 500 quid you mentioned so hopefully room for negotiation.
I am in Derbyshire and local dealer is Derby Audi and I have a pretty good relationship with the business manager although Nottingham Audi are trying to get my business too! Haven't tried Leicester but I think they are all part of the Sytner group anyway.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re MPG, my SQ5 was delivered on 1 March, 2 days ago, and just tootling around I have achieved 36 MPG in first 100 miles. Very pleasantly surprised but you will appreciate it hasn't been floored yet, indeed far fron it.
That sounds pretty good and I have slowed down a lot in the last couple of years but I guess that is what 2 kids does for you! I only really give it some stick every now and again and with plenty of motorway driving then that should help keep it up. ????

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Cool - sounds like you are shopping around anyway - as you say, best to try and find a couple that are different franchises though.

Oh also - if you don't want to wait... You can buy mine off me, has EVERY option minus the pano roof, 14k miles... PM if you are interested!!
It's pristine - I just spent 10 hours cleaning/clay barring/polishing it yesterday to give you an idea of the kind of condition its in!

I'm thinking of changing it for the new S1 to save money as just getting married and then will be buying a house...

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
In terms of options, absolute musts are;
Tech Pack High (expensive but contains A LOT of required things - NO ONE has an SQ5 on here without it).
Hill Hold Assist (only £65 and makes it much nicer to drive in stop/start traffic)
Audi Drive Select (actually lets you change the exhaust note on/off all the time, otherwise you only get it when the gearbox is in 'S' - don't confuse this option with the related, but not a must Dynamic Steering)

Other than that the rest I would say are personal preference. Post on here when you have an idea of which options and you'll be able to get the real world advice on which are worth it, and also how some of them work/interact with each other - it's a bit of a minefield. Hopefully having had a loaded A5 you will know what a lot of them do though.
Tech pack hi and ADS are both on my list. I am not bothered about hill hold though as I had it on the A5 and rarely used it, tended to use the e brake when I needed to.
I was thinking of parking system advanced but from what I see you get parking system plus anyway so not sure it's worth 340 extra just for rear view camera. Had it on the A5, but was a nice gimmick I suppose.
Others are audi connect, again had that too and whilst the text messaging was a pita I liked the real time traffic which was always pretty accurate. Also, privacy glass, flat bottom steering wheel, adaptive lights, auto folding mirrors (maybe with memory seats, but I will basically be the only one driving so not sure it's worth it), power tailgate and if possible panoramic sunroof. Would like the 21 inch wheels too but options are mounting up already lol.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I do a lot of motorway miles in my SQ, I suspect it knows its own way down the M40 now and consistently average 36-39 mpg, 14,500 miles....

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Tech pack hi and ADS are both on my list. I am not bothered about hill hold though as I had it on the A5 and rarely used it, tended to use the e brake when I needed to.
I was thinking of parking system advanced but from what I see you get parking system plus anyway so not sure it's worth 340 extra just for rear view camera. Had it on the A5, but was a nice gimmick I suppose.
Others are audi connect, again had that too and whilst the text messaging was a pita I liked the real time traffic which was always pretty accurate. Also, privacy glass, flat bottom steering wheel, adaptive lights, auto folding mirrors (maybe with memory seats, but I will basically be the only one driving so not sure it's worth it), power tailgate and if possible panoramic sunroof. Would like the 21 inch wheels too but options are mounting up already lol.

You seem to have all the bases covered then! I don't like the 20s myself, and the 21s really are special - up close there is even a white pinstripe between the 2 colours. If I was you I would try and get them on there and maybe drop the memory seats if it's only you. As you say, rear camera is a gimmick (although I do find I use it more than the mirrors and feel a bit lost without it in other cars)! Whatever you pick it's a great car!

Reactions: NICK-C

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
If cost is an issue then consider dropping the 21" wheels, the 20" ones are just as round
and do the same job, the tyres are slightly less expensive so that might bring the Audi service package price down....I looked at it and its not terribly good value once they produce a formal quote for a given mileage. Driving an SQ with verve does chew rubber quickly and wears all 4 tyres out together, the Michelins mine came with were finished at 12,000 miles.....a set of Goodyears was £900.....

The interior alloy trim is noted to damage easily, so choosing something else would be cute.

Reactions: NICK-C

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cool - sounds like you are shopping around anyway - as you say, best to try and find a couple that are different franchises though.

Oh also - if you don't want to wait... You can buy mine off me, has EVERY option minus the pano roof, 14k miles... PM if you are interested!!
It's pristine - I just spent 10 hours cleaning/clay barring/polishing it yesterday to give you an idea of the kind of condition its in!

I'm thinking of changing it for the new S1 to save money as just getting married and then will be buying a house...
Yeah might give Northampton Audi a try too as they are near work.
Lol would love to buy yours mate, but do you do PCP? ????
I know how you feel though I had to get rid of my GT4 just after I got married to fund a bloody trip to Florida and spend some money on the house!
The S1 looks pretty good though but, will it be too small? The new S3 is nice and not much more expensive.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You seem to have all the bases covered then! I don't like the 20s myself, and the 21s really are special - up close there is even a white pinstripe between the 2 colours. If I was you I would try and get them on there and maybe drop the memory seats if it's only you. As you say, rear camera is a gimmick (although I do find I use it more than the mirrors and feel a bit lost without it in other cars)! Whatever you pick it's a great car!
Yeah I do like to do my research and my spreadsheets to work everything out lol. I do like the 21's they have one in Nottingham Audi showroom and it looks great. Will probably drop the pano roof in favour but is the ride compromised though as you can't get damper control?

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Yeah might give Northampton Audi a try too as they are near work.
Lol would love to buy yours mate, but do you do PCP? ������
I know how you feel though I had to get rid of my GT4 just after I got married to fund a bloody trip to Florida and spend some money on the house!
The S1 looks pretty good though but, will it be too small? The new S3 is nice and not much more expensive.

Mrs is getting a sensible size car (Skoda Octavia VRS Estate TDI) so I can downsize - she has a Mini now.

I don't personally do PCP no! But there are plenty of options out there for nearly new car finance - given I will have taken the hit on initial depreciation... Other option is I can ask my dealer to take a very small cut just so you can use their finance as the deal is effectively done for them...

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Yeah I do like to do my research and my spreadsheets to work everything out lol. I do like the 21's they have one in Nottingham Audi showroom and it looks great. Will probably drop the pano roof in favour but is the ride compromised though as you can't get damper control?

Ride is very good IMO (and most others on here). Its not harsh like 'traditional' S cars. Firm but supple.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If cost is an issue then consider dropping the 21" wheels, the 20" ones are just as round
and do the same job, the tyres are slightly less expensive so that might bring the Audi service package price down....I looked at it and its not terribly good value once they produce a formal quote for a given mileage. Driving an SQ with verve does chew rubber quickly and wears all 4 tyres out together, the Michelins mine came with were finished at 12,000 miles.....a set of Goodyears was £900.....

The interior alloy trim is noted to damage easily, so choosing something else would be cute.
Lol, I had 19's on my A5 and was surprised how long they lasted, got 23k out of a set so hoping about 20k. I Nedd to see an SQ5 in the flesh with 20's on I think. Noted on the trim although I guess it's the same in the S line A5 isn't it and mine was OK.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts