Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, just wanted to thank all of you for giving us such good information about the SQ5, you have successfully managed to swing us away from the Cayenne and back to the Audi, with no regrets. Just in the process of ordering the SQ5 from Wimbledon Audi for delivery in September as it is a pre-ordered Audi without spec (don't really know how to explain but I'm sure some of you know).

Went for Lava Grey as we were contemplating Estoril Blue and Moonlight blue. Was told that moonlight blue, even though lovely colour, looked a little basic and Estoril was a very close competitor. I'm sure Lava grey will look stunning (hopefully after paying this price!) as I'm told it has a tint of black at night, grey in sun, and purple in other light..can't wait!
Went for the normal lot of gadgets; sunroof, 21" rims, B&O and of course the dynamic steering! We need that sound in every mode not just sport!
Quick question though, I've heard the MMI system is quite fidgety, is it really?

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Glad to have another soon to be owner among the ranks!

MMI is pretty good (I assume you mean fiddly?) - just not quite as good as BMW's iDrive... You soon get the hang of it after a few hundred miles.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Well done ray , best of luck have you purchased there dealer demonstrater then ? If so can't they let you have it earlier and only register to yourself in September ? They have done that fir me in past , all the best merlin

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you Merlin, yes that was it the dealer demonstrator. I'm not too sure as I think it's build week was in August, but we are all very excited - my son in particular- he's obsessed with the sound! Wimbledon were trying to offer us their current Volcano Red but it seemed under equipped so wasn't a big fan.

Thanks José and yes fiddly! :) BMW iDrive was fantastic but it's time too move on! Maybe if they hadn't messed up the new X5 we could still be with them! Even the BMW dealer was recommending the SQ5 as he wasn't keen on the new X5 himself!

·
Registered
706 Posts
Lovely colour and our 2nd= choice. It can be a bit brownish in certain light conditions, but with chrome, it looks sophisticated. I just did not want a very dark colour.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks shabazmo, we were hesitating between one of the blacks, moonlight blue, daytona grey and lava grey and thought that lava grey was the best combination of all of them! When we saw it it was in some funny light which made it look a little brown but it hink we managed to get past that. Cuvee silver is another very nice colour

·
Registered
706 Posts
You made the right choice

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hi all,

I'm a bit confused (easy done these days) ray.afzal said that he's gone for dynamic steering so he can have the exhaust sound in all modes.

Now I know it works when sport mode is used, but I thought if you have Audi select you can also get the sound in auto mode as well through the MMI.

Can anyone tell me (Jose) if this is the case please or have I got to order dynamic steering, ordered mine beginning of June haven't heard anything yet so assume I could still add it if that's whats needed.

Thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am quite sure that it is the drive select that you mean not "Audi select"? also positive that drive select is what changes the sound, dynamic steering will have no effect on the exhaust.
However if you are worried ask your dealer just for piece of mind, please make sure to update the thread once you have, too may people on forums get the answer and never bother to let everybody else know!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Thanks cryptic23 but what I mean is that you can in Audi select change the set up ie comfort, auto, dynamic, efficiency or individual modes and I was lead to believe you can have the exhaust sound in more then just sport mode through the MMI if you have Audi select.

I'll check with the dealer, but I'm sure Jose has said something about this in a previous thread. I"ll see if I can find it.

I will update when I find out the answer.

Thanks.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Drive Select and Dynamic Steering are two separate options...

Only drive select is required for full control over the sound without having to be in gearbox S mode.

The confusion may be that if you select dynamic steering you MUST have drive select as well to control it... (Which then gets you all the other benefits as well)

·
Registered
233 Posts
Thanks for clearing that up Jose, new if anyone could you could.
I thought that you could have the exhaust sound in a mode other then sport if you had Audi select fitted.

That's saved me a bit on having dynamic steering fitted as an option, thats not to say I think it's not a good option just didn't want it. It also goes for the power roof, had that on my last one and found you couldn't use it with speeds above 40mph the wind noise was terrible.

This is a great forum when you need some advice !!! Thanks.

Reactions: José

·
Registered
233 Posts
I apologise cryptic23 it is DRIVE select. In the configurater the option is Audi drive select.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts