Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out of interest has anybody here had any conversations with AUDI dealers about this model. Just about to provisionally dip my toe in the water, and thought I'd try and get some intel from here first.
Have read the German brochure ( insomuch as my German allows lol) and researched on the internet, but wondered if anyone had had any meaningful conversations with a salesman yet?
Apologies if I've missed a thread.
Thanks in advance...

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Was planning to order one today but they can't yet. Any day now they will get the full prices/specs

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Was planning to order one today but they can't yet. Any day now they will get the full prices/specs
Thanks Jose. Just mailed my dealer to get me the info ASAP. Also found your thread about the S1 now so apologies for duplication...

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
i have registered an interest - but nothing more than that.
Like the MK3 TT many people will tell you they have 'ordered' one, but the order books are not open yet, so its a case of waiting

·
Registered
529 Posts
so the SQ is going then Jose. Must admit i was impressed with the build quality on the A1 having been on a test drive Saturday.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Are they not a bit small and slow after the SQ5?

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Think I'm going to hold off on this until It's available with S-Tronic (if ever) and I can also test drive one..

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
"assuming" the 0-60 claims are accurate this time (for the S1) then its about on par with the SQ5 for the traffic light GPs.
No doubt tuning will be much easier and yield great results too.

I don't know if its a detuned S3 engine or a standard VW lump with a mild map. (id need an engine code)

·
Still Game
4,612 Posts
The SQ5 may be slightly faster but only in a straight line. The S1 and many other hot hatches would leave it for dead on a twisty B road.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Standard S-Line on the back roads (1.6) TDI is pretty good set up to say the least. It wacks my wife's A3 150 TDI on the same chase but again it can be down to driver. I will just watch in comfort from the Q5.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I have registered interest too and will be looking to test drive as a second car, however I will not be ordering new if we do opt.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sounds like an SQ5 and S1 are going to be common 2+ car family combinations on here....

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
I checked yesterday and still can't order.
Looks like we will be getting rid of our SQ too for something more sporty/nippy.

·
Registered
952 Posts
How much are they and what is the standard spec like?

1 - 20 of 83 Posts