Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
not sure red suits it? Maybe more reserved for hot hatches or ferraris? just seems too tall for red if that makes sense?

Reactions: missile

·
Still Game
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It looked better in real life. I know what you mean, maybe red is too garish for the demographic who own or would aspire to own a Q5?

Q5s have become quite common and if you stand out from the crowd that would be the way to do it. I am not sure I would want to stand out and whether it is worth the extra cost.

·
Registered
140 Posts
True enough, things are always better in the flesh.

3k is a lot to stand out though

I wonder if anyone actually orders an exclusive colour from Audi without actually having seen it in the flesh - would be a big gamble I guess. There must be colours or variants of that have never gone onto particular models before.

Again something you might do if you were loaded

·
Still Game
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think Audi have reduced the price. Exclusive paint is "only" £1730 on the Q5, an increment of £1120 over metallic or pearl effect. Still a lot of money but if you are spending circa £40,000 on a car I guess another £1120 is not that much if you want something special.

I would want to see it in the flesh before ordering. A colour chart or a photograph would not be enough for me.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Looks good in red but I wouldn't "waste" the chance of having an exclusive colour on plain old red. The Ipenema brown is nice on the right model and the purple stands out, you'll always get Barbie girls looking for pink cars but apart from that I think the colour would just be a subtle change from the standard and not worth the extra money.

·
Still Game
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Each of us have our own favourite colour and if one can afford it and is prepared to wait for longer delivery why not? Only issue I foresee is; a garish colour could be a problem when you come to resell.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts