Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

Im glad to have found a forum that is dedicated to the Q5. We have had a tough choice between the Q5 and a BMW 5 Series but are leaning toward the Q5 now.

Ive seen a lovely Q5 (2009, S-Line) that is available from a private seller. The price is competitive vs an Audi main dealer but i know that it comes with the lack of main dealer support.

Im wondering if you have any advice for me before i buy it - any tips, things to look out for etc?

- AA / RAC check
- How to check the main dealer service (e.g. call them up to check what has been done?)
- How to check the actual spec of the car
- Mechanical checks
- Purchasing warranty

etc.

This is a big purchase for us and we want to get it right!

Thanks
Beekay

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
hello, it would be worth pushing out if possible for one of the face lift versions - minor fixes and refresh.

However to answer the posed questions..
Service - call them, but the older cars will still have the old stamp service books, so take a look at that too. maybe check with the dealers who's stamp is in the book if you are worried its not real.
Spec - ask the dealer to print you off the car data sheet.

Last two, can't really help - this is the risk with private cars, you have to do it yourself or use someone like RAC/AA etc
or why not even ask the seller to take it to your local Audi for a inspection check (at your expense).

tyres are about 170/ea, so make sure they have some life on them..
Doesnt the Audi dealer provide a free warranty - might be worth the extra ££ in the long run..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Snow Man.

Unfortunately the face-lift is out of our price range and a load of 2009 Q5's from main dealer seem to have come off of their site.

Will take your idea of the inspection check as it will likely be cheaper than AA/RAC and probably be a bit better.

Audi Main Dealer will provide extra warranty although this one has some warranty from main dealer until October and i can chose to extend it with Audi after if i want.

Calling Audi customer service with the chassis number was actually really helpful - wasnt expecting that from them!

·
Registered
529 Posts
Have you considered a new one? Audi have two deals on at present. It would defer the bulk payment (private purchase) until the end od the PCP
You dont say what engine your looking at

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers Wilf

Its a 2.0 TDI that we want.

Id rather pay cash for it as i dont want to get into a finance deal - although it is super-appealing, it just gets a bit silly and before you know it, you've walked out with an SQ5 with all the trimmings!

·
Registered
529 Posts
Cheers Wilf

Its a 2.0 TDI that we want.

Id rather pay cash for it as i dont want to get into a finance deal - although it is super-appealing, it just gets a bit silly and before you know it, you've walked out with an SQ5 with all the trimmings!
Exactly lol. Snowman has pointed you in the right direction. Good luck

·
Still Game
4,615 Posts
Not many inherent faults with the Q5:

Auto box(?) needs careful checking.

Several cars of that age need new steering racks.

·
Registered
529 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts