Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I notice Audi have severely limited the individual options available on the MY20 Audi Q5's (in the UK).

I have just tried to configure my car on the MY20 Configurator and the following options which are present on my MY19 Audi Q5, CANNOT be added to an MY20:

1. Matrix Headlights with Sweeping Front and Rear Indicators
2. Heated Front and Outer Rear Seats
3. Extended Interior LED Lighting Pack
4. 'S' Sports Suspension
5. Rear View Camera
6. Deletion of Model / Engine Technology on Rear

That is quite shocking really - as most of the above I consider essential options.

It seems MY19 was the best year to personally configure your Audi Q5.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Could be a configuration issue rather than reality - pretty sure you will be able to delete your badge once supply properly sorted.

Do some of them only come in packs now?

·
Registered
597 Posts
Two things spring to mind.

A facelift Q5 is due soon (2020) & a Vorsprung model?

I was a bit peeved with Audi. Ordered my new A6 Avant,awaiting a build week alllocation to be told my car was no longer available :-(

Had to reorder my new car minus all the options & it arrives in 2 wks.

The Vorsprung model was an extra 20k!

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Two things spring to mind.

A facelift Q5 is due soon (2020) & a Vorsprung model?

I was a but peeved with Audi. Ordered my new A6 Avant,awaiting a build week alllocation to be told my car was no longer available :-(

Had to reorder my new car minus all the options & it arrives in 2 wks.

The Vorsprung model was an extra 20k!
That is REALLY bad! Especially as you had already ordered.

I'll be holding onto my current fully individually loaded Q5 for longer than I think if Audi expect us to go down the 'Upgrade by Model' route instead of individual options.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Could be a configuration issue rather than reality - pretty sure you will be able to delete your badge once supply properly sorted.

Do some of them only come in packs now?
A couple only appear in packs, and most are options no longer available at all - very very disappointing.

I can only assume this is a drive to reduce waiting times for delivery by pushing out base-line cars without any custom options?

·
Registered
953 Posts
I remember reading somewhere that Audi were reducing their options list to streamline and improve build times. Other manufacturers are reducing their model line up too. Sign of the times I suppose.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts